Senior Technical Operations Manager
Salary £65,000 - £75,000 per annum + Benefits
Location West YorkshireFULL_TIME
Consultant Brett Mears
Date posted 13 August 2018 2018-08-132018-10-12 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Currently looking for an experienced Senior Technical Operations Manager in West Yorkshire, great career prospects
Senior Technical Ops Manager
Robert Walters is partnering with a Large Financial Services Organisation based in West Yorkshire, they have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Technical Ops Manager with great career progression with a large enterprise level business.
The primary focus of this role is the Operation, Support & Maintenance of IT Infrastructure to their UK business lines. This is a critical role within the ITS Practice and impacts the IT experience of c.1800 people every day.
The Senior Technical Operations Manager will have Direct oversight, with support from team leaders, of the key operational infrastructure teams:
- Network, Telephony & Security Operations (SecOps) (3rd line services and day to day security management).
- Infrastructure Operations (3rd line services)
- Technical Support (Traditional 2nd line desktop plus system administration)
You be responsible for defining and driving forward the IT Infrastructure and Security Operations strategies in conjunction with the Head of ITS and Senior Technical Delivery Manager along with the management of the InfoSec Operations Team; ensuring the seamless integration between this team and other teams across IT and Business Lines to appropriately manage Information Security operating risks.
Provide day-to-day operational management across the national IT infrastructure estate, including 2nd line Support & Maintenance and upgrade tasks; integrating closely with the IT Service Desk & Technology Delivery teams whilst leading & delivering specific Project work, delivering to agreed time, cost & quality constraints. You will also ensure that Technology Operations resources are scheduled to support Projects (including Development Spokes) in accordance with the requirements of the PMO, without detriment to Service Operations.
Experience and knowledge
- Strong technical background balanced with good commercial awareness
- Ability to demonstrate success project delivery, balanced with effective service improvements
- Experience within a regulated, financial service environment
- Experience of working in a matrix managed, Agile environment
- Experience of cloud services, information security architecture for Software as a Service cloud and of supporting Dev\Ops environment
- Strong experience of delivering service quality within an ITIL framework
- Wide ranging experience across many functions, e.g. Capacity Management, Asset Management, Service Management, Continuity Management
- Strong experience of IT service, operations and support
- Knowledge of IT market and trends
- Ability to think logically, analyse situations, problem solve and lead a team
- Good customer service and awareness focus
- A broad IT and commercial perspective and an understanding of the overall picture of how the IT service fits together and how they can contribute
- Recognises the importance of the customer through creating opportunities to talk to customers on a wide scale (highlighting the IT Division's successes) and supporting/enabling decisions to be made based on customer feedback, insights and trends