MIS & Finance Applications Team Leader
Salary £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 19 July 2018 2018-07-192018-09-17 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced MIS & Finance Applications team Leader to join their established but rapidly expanding Technology and Change Function.
- Be responsible for and lead a team that will carry out the analysis, documentation, testing, implementation, support (and in some cases, development) of systems/applications within remit.
- Contribute significantly to technical support and development of systems under within remit
- Ensure that work-plans for the team are appropriate, that progress is managed against these plans and remediate / escalate issues to line management as necessary (Technology Business Partner).
- Act as a project leader on certain specified projects.
Duties & Accountabilities:
Key accountability to ensure that the systems / applications within the remit of the role continue to provide the functionality and operate at agreed service levels for their intended business users.
Team & people leadership
Key accountability is to ensure that all team members are working effectively on prioritised activities and that the team continually & successfully achieves its agreed work plan
Liaise with software and hardware service providers (and other IT teams) to determine the effects of future strategy and systems, making appropriate recommendation for expansion/upgrade.
Strong project management and organisational skills
IT Service Management,
System design and engineering
IT process design and development
- SQL and relational databases
- Data Warehousing design and development
- Architect systems & model the data
- Test management
- MI & business intelligence solutions
- Knowledge of & demonstrable interest in emerging IT strategy (e.g. data analytics / data science)
- TOGAF Certification
- ITIL V3 (Foundation)
**Should the above be of interest, please apply immediately to receive a more detailed job specification**