Head of IT Services
Location Greater Manchester
Consultant Jonathan Basnett
Date posted 16 November 2016
A prestigious Central Manchester based organisation with an influential reputation has a new opportunity for a Head of IT Services to join them on a permanent basis. You will provide first class leadership and strategic direction to service desk/support, service delivery, change management, capacity planning, incident and problem management teams.
The Head of IT Services role requires a good knowledge of ITIL service management with a particular focus on change, problem, service level and availability management. You will also look over process improvements and use your best practice to support cultural change.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Providing leadership and strategy to a large IT Services department
- To maintain an effective 24/7 support structure providing for all IT services following ITIL best practice for incident, problem, change, configuration and security management
- To ensure compliance with all external regulations, laws and internal policies in respect of information management including data protection, PCI compliance and audit controls to afford adequate protection for the business
- To oversee adequate but effective controls in maintaining security of information in the event of system or environment failure by providing data backup and business continuity services in-line with the risk and cost profile of the business strategic plan
- To provide effective leadership and management for all aspects of service delivery be they internally or externally sourced
- Build key relationships with all IT vendors, undertaking regular performance and service reviews, maximising value and managing costs and driving cost efficiencies
- Recommend, implement and deliver operational efficiencies that minimise cost of service whilst driving service excellence.
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of the IT budget. Supporting financial aspects of the IT function, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review
- To be accountable for IT service delivery and operations against agreed scope, budget, time, quality and service level agreements providing effective and efficient utilisation of IT systems within the business.
- Experience managing a service delivery function for demanding customers with competing priorities delivering a high customer and delivery focus, meeting and exceeding their expectations.
- To monitor technical IT innovation and the changing technology landscape to advise the business on opportunities and risks.
- To attract and recruit the right people to work in IT service delivery and operations while developing and retaining talent.
- To identify and prioritise the development and training strategy for all staff agreeing development plans, appraisal and training plans as necessary
- To establish internal and external benchmarks and appropriate KPI’s as the basis for demonstrating the quality and effectiveness of IT service delivery and system performance.
- Promote a culture of pro-activity, innovation, transparency, collaboration and flexibility in all aspects of IT service delivery including maintenance of the internal knowledge base
- To provide adequate and effective management reporting at all stages of the IT service lifecycle including client facing service reviews driving continual improvement
- Maximise intra and inter departmental efficiencies by influencing/designing, implementing and managing people, processes, systems, tools and methodologies to support our culture, values and service propositions
Key Skills Required:
- People management expertise
- A proven track record of successful service management
- A proven track record of 3rd party vendor management
- Leadership and a track record in IT operational management at senior/director level
- Business engagement supported by clear and effective communication
- Team management being comfortable matrix managing diverse service teams
- The ability to multi-task and manage multiple concurrent operational and service requirements
- A pragmatic approach to delivering value and quality
- Comfortable working at all levels of detail to ensure the delivery of key KPI’s
- Able to manage high performance teams through motivation and leadership
- Thorough knowledge of ITIL best practice service management
If you are a looking for a new challenge as a Head of IT Services with a prestigious Manchester organisation then I encourage you to apply.
Salary is negotiable on skills, experience and what you are able to bring to the role. There will be an outstanding supplementary benefits package on offer a long with excellent holiday provision. This is a very rare opportunity and one that will be very sought after. For further details please contact Jonathan Basnett via: email@example.com – 07780481901 – 0161 240 7470