IT Service Delivery Manager
Salary £30000 - £35000 per annum
Consultant Andy Curzon
Date posted 07 October 2016
A new role has become available for a IT Service Delivery Manager within an industry leading business based in their Warrington office. This role offers an excellent package for a IT Service Delivery Manager.
The IT Service Delivery Manager will act as the key point of contact between IT, the business and any relevant third parties to ensure the continuous delivery of IT services and developments. To deliver better quality development requirements with the aim to achieve a better quality software product for the business, allowing it to achieve key business objectives.
To maintain and improve the software development lifecycle through concise requirement analysis, technical design, development & testing resource coordination and release management. Creating and delivering management information packs and reports to relevant parties.
- The maintenance and continued improvement of the software development lifecycle, aligned with agile methodologies
- Liaise with business unit owners and change owners to gather complete requirements, understanding the business and system logics
- Assist with the specification of new changes, integrations and systems
- Creating and maintaining project documentation, including plans, risk logs and issue logs, for all IT related projects
- Assisting the IS Manager with the management of budgets
- Assisting with the delivery of the IS Strategy
- Maintenance of the Change Management Process
- Attend Change Forum Meetings to agree development requests and priorities
- Act as point of contact for change owners, developers and business testers during the software development lifecycle
- Coordinate and manage development and testing resource
- Provide accurate and timely reports relating to the IT Department
- Understanding and implementing good practice software testing methodologies
- Managing and mentoring business testers on the fundamentals of software testing and help to build their pride and ownership of applications
- Support the business unit testers with the development of test plans
- Management of end to end test delivery
- Compilation and co-ordination of software testing results
- Documentation of testing issues and ensuring they are resolved through the software development lifecycle
- Creation and maintenance of software release notes
- Perform and support any software releases to the live environment
- Undertake and be receptive to training as and when required
- Achieve at least one professional qualification per year
- Any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the business as and when required
You will be required to take day to day responsibility for the IT Service Delivery process and for the complete Software Development Lifecycle for all systems and applications throughout the business. This will therefore have daily interactions with other internal departments at all levels. It is also recognised that they may need to have contact with external suppliers.
Progression is certainly possible within the company as the team is growing, the team is also very focused on providing training where needed in order to expand your knowledge across the company.
If this is a role that sounds of interest and a good fit for your experience please don’t hesitate in getting in touch with me today on 0161 214 7423 or email email@example.com