Development and Application Support Manager
Salary £50000 - £60000 per annum + plus benefits
Consultant Jonathan Basnett
Date posted 07 September 2016
A renowned, national financial services organisation based in Manchester has a new opportunity for an experienced Development and Application Support Manager to join them permanently. You will have responsibility for ensuring the highest standards of IT support is being delivered to the business.
Working with various departmental managers or team leaders the Development and Application Support Manager will identify what strategies or approaches are succeeding and conversely looking at areas that need development. In this role you will be responsible for performance levels and ensuring that departments in your remit not only achieve but exceed expectations and targets.
The key responsibilities are:
- Managing a busy internal development and application support function
- Ensuring departments are pursuing the resolution process of technical problems as efficiently as possible whilst delivering the highest service levels
- Understanding current processes and their impact on the business
- Assessing and implementing new process where necessary for continuous improvement
- Being the communication link between the department and senior stakeholders in the business
- Dealing with 3rd party vendors and service providers
Key skills required:
- A strong management background, ideally within a large organisation
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of setting, assessing and reviewing key performance indicators within an IT function
- Enthusiasm for encouraging, delivering and furthering service excellence in an IT function
- Knowledge of incident and problem management
- Knowledge of ITIL (ideally with certifications)
So if you are looking for an exciting new challenge with a major national organisation in Manchester as a Development and Application Support Manager then I encourage you to apply. The role is paying up to £60,000 plus the benefits you would expect working with a large corporate organisation.
For further details please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - 07780481901