Storage Systems Engineer
Salary £55,000 - £75,000 per annum
Consultant Meagan Knoetze
Date posted 03 August 2022other information-technology/infrastructure 2022-08-03 2022-10-02 it Gresham Street Gresham Street GB EC2V 7JE GBP 55000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters has partnered with a leading financial markets and commodities bank, driven to deliver the right outcomes for their stakeholders, clients, counterparties, and the markets in which they operate. They are currently seeking a Storage Systems Engineer to provide operational infrastructure support to the Storage support team. Support the Storage technology stack at the third line level providing the ultimate internal technical escalation point for this stack within the business.
Storage Systems Engineer
Remote Working Policy:
3 days a week in the London office
Responsible for resolving &\or fulfilling incident, problem, change, service requests, break-fix, and backups \ restores etc. Responsible for escalating/informing company and GPS management of all major Storage initiatives/major outages and reporting for the Storage infrastructure team. Responsible for the ‘Deploy and Operate’ GPS process on behalf of the Business including Service, Operations and Service transition as per the GPS operating handbook. Provide technical knowledge and resource allocation supporting the GPS portfolio management function and Business project requirements. Provide out of hours technical support by forming part of the on-call roster within your team.
- Responsible for the management, effectiveness & performance of the of the organisation’s Storage technology stack operations, which will satisfy service level agreements (SLA’s), and operational level agreements (OLA’s), with Lines of Business (LoB), and other Run the Bank (RTB), teams.
- Responsible for deployment of the Storage technology stack and component items, including deployment planning, scheduling & control, installations, hardware & software lifecycle management, upgrades (including capacity, modifications & enhancements, and end-of-life replacements), as applicable.
- Storage technology stack operations, including monitoring (command & control), and technical support & optimisation (to maximise availability); inclusive of systems support, communications, automation, Storage, backup, restores, user access control, virus protection & safeguarding, as applicable.
- Storage technology stack service management, including incident-, event-, problem- and request fulfilment management and end user (customer), support, interfacing with the organisation’s IT Service Delivery department’s process & procedure where applicable.
- Apply & maintain suitable technical skills to support the organisations Storage, technology stack and its customer base.
- Develop, maintain & support business & IT applications for Storage stack operations.
- Develop & utilise support interfaces with other departments in the organisation as well as the broader IT group and GTO.
- Storage technology stack risk management with respect to identifying risk, reporting risk and mitigation \ resolving risk in support of the organisation’s risk department and GPS’s risk management governance. No acceptance of risk to be undertaken.
- Storage technology stack performance reporting against key performance indicators & metrics in support of GTO business management governance & the organisations business management governance.
- Participate in & support architecture designs, roadmaps, planning & deployments.
- Providing support & technical escalation to regional support staff as required.
- Execute additional responsibilities &\or tasks as designated by operational Management
- 3-5 Years Storage Management experience
Experience required to successfully perform the role:
- Specialist Skill – Acquires and develops the specialist and technical knowledge and skill to perform the role on an ongoing basis within the changing environment of the Bank.
- Business Knowledge and Contribution – Understands the broader business environment in which they work from an industry, organisation, Business Unit and role perspective.
- Risk Management - Identifies and manages risk within their area/s of influence and uses, develops, and implements risk measurement and management systems, processes and policies within the business.
- Project Management - Develops and monitors courses of action (work plans) for themselves and others to ensure that work is completed in a controlled and efficient manner.
- Knowledge Management - Uses, develops, and implements systems and processes to capture, manage and distribute up to date, accurate and readily accessible knowledge and information across the business, to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Delivering Results – effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that objectives are achieved efficiently and on time.
- Serving Our Customers – provides customers with the products, services, and solutions to suit their changing needs ensuring that they are based on sound business principles.
- Communicating with Impact – effectively applies verbal, nonverbal and written communication methods to achieve desired results. Presents ideas effectively to individuals or groups.
- Working in Teams – Understands team dynamics and uses a flexible interpersonal style to contribute to the effective functioning of teams and to the completion of team goals.
- Building Relationships – Develops and maintains ongoing working relationships, networks and partnerships to help achieve business goals through others (e.g., Peers, functional partners, customers etc).
- Enabling Change – Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Global Mind Set – Working together with all regions to ensure a consistent infrastructure stack and globally consistent support function.
- Being Proactive – Strives to stay ahead by anticipating rather than reacting; ensures that their actions are always carefully considered.
- Resilience – Has confidence in their ability to achieve ambitious goals and celebrates success; never allows themselves to become arrogant.
- Problem Solving Style – Identifies clarifies/defines and works through challenges towards a defined outcome.
- Acting with Integrity – Lives the Bank’s business model based on trust and integrity as perceived by our stakeholders, especially our customers.
- Personal Accountability – Takes full responsibility for their actions and the impact that you have on others; self-driven with a desire to continually grow and improve on their performance.
- Valuing Diversity – Demonstrates dignity of all people. Respects others and what the Bank stands for. Recognises that there are corresponding obligations associated with individual rights.
Knowledge, technical skills, and expertise
- Support for Enterprise Storage infrastructure (1st, 2nd & 3rd Tier SAN’s – at present Huawei OceanStor) including storage admin
- Identify and address SAN & storage bottlenecks
- Unix, Windows, and VMWare experience.
- Implementation, assignment, configuration and release management of shared storage infrastructure
- Veritas Volume Management and Veritas Cluster Management experience
- Implement requests for compliance to bank standards
- Participate in projects requiring utilisation of the SAN
- Provision of data for MIS reporting requirements
- Implementation of Enterprise Storage hardware and software deployments
- Inventory management
- Availability management for the Enterprise Storage environment
- Trending and capacity management
- Implement, maintain and adhere to global standards, logical access security, patches, new software releases, firmware upgrades, etc.
Key Performance measures
- SLA’s performance scores
- Services availability scores
- Customer satisfaction survey scores
- Risk profile scores
- Measures (or metrics) targets (not necessarily limited to the above only), would be continuously agreed with line management.
- Develop & support interfaces with other departments within the organisation and within GPS, including:
- All other IT functions
- Collegial teams within Global Production Services i.e., Portfolio Management, Architecture, Midrange, DBA’s, Networks, Market Data, Desktop Services & Service Desk.
- Direct line management and GPS Management
- Service Delivery
- Regional IT support staff
- Core GPS Functions
- All other IT functions
- Internal / External Audit teams
Salary: £55,000 - £75,000 per annumLocation: EnglandDate posted: 16 August 2022Robert Walters has partnered with a leading financial markets and commodities bank, driven to deliver the right outcomes for their stakeholders, clients, counterparties, and the markets in which they operate. They are currently seeking a Storage Systems Engineer to provide operational infrastructure support to the Storage support team. Support the Storage technology stack at the third line level providing the ultimate internal technical escalation point for this stack within the business.
Salary: £55,000 - £75,000 per annumLocation: EnglandDate posted: 11 August 2022Robert Walters has partnered with a leading financial markets and commodities bank, driven to deliver the right outcomes for their stakeholders, clients, counterparties, and the markets in which they operate. They are currently seeking a Storage Systems Engineer to provide operational infrastructure support to the Storage support team. Support the Storage technology stack at the third line level providing the ultimate internal technical escalation point for this stack within the business.
Salary: £60,000 - £100,000 per annumLocation: EnglandDate posted: 16 August 2022A leading Microsoft gold partner data consultancy are currently looking for a Lead Azure Data Engineer to join their team and help provide/build solutions for their end clients. As as Lead Azure Data Engineer with this business, you will work on cutting edge projects for the end clients and will help build and scale Azure Data platforms across different clients. As a Lead Azure Data Engineer, you will work directly with the end clients to understand their requirements and needs and then work with the team in order to implement Azure solutions. You will be working on some projects that have never been done in this sector so you will constantly be at the cutting edge of technologies. The organisation are a Microsoft Gold Partner so everything is focused around the Microsoft BI Stack and Azure Skills required for the role: Strong Experience with Azure (ADF,Data Bricks, Data Lake, Synapse etc) Experience working with the Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) Strong knowledge of SQL server Excellent communication skills / Client facing experience is highly advantageous On offer is a salary of up to £100,000 and the role will be remote with travel to client site approx once per month. The company will allow and pay for the Lead Azure Data Engineer to gain certifications in Microsoft and cloud technologies and will push for you to move towards a Microsoft MVP Status If you are an experienced Data Engineer who is looking for a new challenge within a fast growing consultancy which will give you plenty of opportunities to progress your career, get in touch today!
Salary: Up to £60,000 per annumLocation: EnglandDate posted: 15 August 2022Robert Walters have partnered exclusively with Mundipharma. Mundipharma is a global network of independent associated companies that research, develop, and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines and consumer healthcare products. This role is a high-profile position supporting the Exec team with all 2nd line technology requirements. This is a great opportunity in a highly dynamic environment.
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 per annum + Home Based, Car, BonusLocation: Newcastle upon TyneDate posted: 12 August 2022Robert Walters is working in partnership with a multinational market leading business, they specialise in areas across engineering, defence, and manufacturing. Due to continued growth and acquisitions they are expanding their technology offering and keen to appoint an experienced Cyber Security Manager – Home Based. The role is paying a salary range of £70,000 to £80,000 plus car and bonus.