Consultant Meagan Knoetze
Date posted 21 June 2022other information-technology/infrastructure 2022-06-21 2022-08-20 it Holborn, London Holborn GB WC1B 5HA Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters has partnered with a leading European intellectual property firm, acting for many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies. Their specialist teams are led by practitioners who have been at the forefront of the industry for years, acting in landmark cases before the EPO and the national courts of Europe. They are currently seeking an Infrastructure Manager to join their team in London.
Remote Working Policy:
2-3 days in the office (Holborn)
What you can expect as the Infrastructure Manager:
You will lead the infrastructure team, delivering and maintaining IT infrastructure and security technology services and operations. You will have direct line management responsibility of the infrastructure team, covering storage, servers and virtualisation, networks, security, and telephony - using your excellent leadership skills to inspire the team to provide reliable, available, secure, scalable technology solutions, outstanding customer service, and ensure suitable processes and policies are in place to meet the needs of the Firm.
The Firm is currently going through a very exciting period of change and transformation and as a result, the successful candidate must show a strong understanding of infrastructure services, cloud migration experience and excellent Windows knowledge.
You will demonstrate a structured approach to developing architectures, designs and strategies, and strong technical awareness across all infrastructure areas. You will be actively involved in projects, both planning, management and delivery as well as managing the capability for business continuity and disaster recovery.
You will be accountable for the quality of service and performance of the team including the delivery of services within relevant SLAs and KPIs and acting as an internal escalation point for operational or security incidents.
You will also be required to demonstrate strong analysis and project management skills, to gather and define requirements, manage small technology projects and BAU initiatives, and participate in large projects in various capacities.
This role reports to the Director of Technology & Innovation and will involve working in a shift pattern (8-4, 9-5 and 10-6). Some paid out of hours work will be required to facilitate system moves and upgrades, and there is likely to be an inclusion of an out of hour’s rota.
• Ensuring IS&T infrastructure is robust and reliable, meeting defined internal targets
• Designing and implementing technical solutions (including cloud solutions)
• Managing projects, implementing new initiatives, and introducing new technologies
• Maintenance and monitoring of existing systems
• Managing and executing preventative maintenance plans
• 3rd line support for escalated technical issues
• Troubleshooting malfunctions of server and network hardware and software
• Ensuring robust DR and BC policies are adhered to
• Managing suppliers and vendors and ensuring that they meet defined SLA’s
• Problem analysis and resolution as required
• On-going ownership and management of the Technology Change Management process
• Management of MS Licence agreements
• Ownership of complete asset inventory (servers, switches, laptops, software etc.)
• Management of infrastructure encryption keys and certificates
• Developing, implementing, and monitoring security controls for the protection of the firm’s information assets
• Risk treatment/action plans – creating, updating, and implementing changes
• Attending information security audits and building related risk treatment and continual improvement plans
• Responsible for continual security improvements and re-certification to ISO27001
• Reinforcing a team culture that encourages collaboration, originality, ownership, fulfilment, and individuality, in line with the Firm’s values
• Mentoring and identifying training opportunities to develop team members in their career and role
• Addressing instances of poor performance and/or conduct (e.g., time keeping, inappropriate behaviour, failure to follow agreed procedures/processes)
• Maintaining the team’s operational running including shift patterns and reviewing the daily, weekly, and monthly performance results
• Leading the IT infrastructure team through regular team meetings, 1-2-1’s and providing input to appraisals and personal development plans
• Prioritise relevant activity within the team in order to achieve service level targets
• Support other members of the IS&T team
• General IS&T support
• Installation of new hardware and software
• Maintenance of existing hardware and software
• Recommend enhancements of current configuration, tools, and technologies in use
• Any other tasks deemed reasonable
Key skills, experience & qualifications:
• Stakeholder management
• Team management and development
• Project management
• SAAS and IAAS services
• Microsoft 365 administration & configuration
• InTune / Microsoft SCCM / PowerShell
• Windows server 2012 and above
• SharePoint 2013
• AD, DHCP, DNS and Group Policy
• Exchange server 2019 / Exchange Online / Mimecast
• Antivirus (Sophos)
• Veeam & Rubrik Backup Solutions
• VMWare / Hyper-V
• SAN Technology
• Palo Alto firewall solutions
• HP Server hardware
• Patching and maintenance
• ITIL framework
• Ability to learn and retain new information
• Legal background
• ITIL Foundation
• Proven experience in a similar role.
• Ability to work on own initiative with minimal guidance - a motivated self-starter• Ability to plan and organise activities/workloads to ensure that deadlines and expectations are met
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
• Ability to build internal and external relationships
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Positive and proactive approach
• Technical background
• Attention to detail
Key technologies currently in use:
• VMWare (Servers - virtual)
• HPE Synergy
• Nimble Storage
• Mimecast (Email)
• Exchange / Exchange Online (Email)
• Windows Server 2012 and above (Servers)
• SCCM (Desktop, Application packaging & deployment)
• SharePoint 2013 (Applications)
• Office 365 (Applications)
• AvePoint (Office 365 backup and governance)
• Inprotech (Applications)
• Palo Alto (Firewalls)
• Cisco Switches (Network)
• Sophos Intercept (Anti-virus)
• WhatsUpGold (Monitoring)
• Microsoft SQL 2012 and above
• WSUS (Release/updates)
• RDS and FSLogix
• Windows 10 (Desktop)
• Airwatch MDM
• Aruba Wi-Fi Infrastructure
Salary: £550 - £600 per day + Outside IR35Location: EnglandDate posted: 22 June 2022Data Solution Architect 6-12 month contract Outside IR35 (Ltd company) £550-600 P/D Remote based with occasional site visits. Interviews w/c 04/07/22 Applicants must be UK based Data Solutions Architect to support the function that is responsible for estimating and designing data products for the enterprise and will interface with all business units. This role will perform analysis and provide designs/solutions for various projects consistent with the corporate data design. This will include operational as well as data warehouse/BI projects. The candidate must have deep understanding of the data world including design, integration capabilities, and database management systems. The candidate must also be able to work closely with the users, applications/systems designers and developers on various projects and support teams. The candidate is expected to have solid theoretical as well as hands-on practical experience on every step of the enterprise data design process - from high-level logical design to the final implementation of the envisioned design.
Salary: £95,000 - £120,000 per annumLocation: EnglandDate posted: 17 June 2022* Our client is a high growth bootstrapped HR-Tech start-up. The client offers an all-in-one SaaS product for in-house recruitment teams to attract, hire and process talent.
Salary: Up to £88 per hourLocation: EnglandDate posted: 10 June 2022Robert Walters has partnered with NetApp, an American hybrid cloud data services and data management company, in finding a Service Delivery Manager to join the global support team.
Salary: £70,000 - £110,000 per annum + RemoteLocation: EnglandDate posted: 08 June 2022Leading UK art services business working as a full stack developer using node.js, React, graphQL, AWS, Blockchain. We have both senior and mid level Full Stack roles open depending on your experience.
Salary: £650 - £750 per day + Outside IR35Location: EnglandDate posted: 27 June 2022* This is a 3 month contract role with potential to extend contract. Expect candidate to be on board within 1 week. * Interview * process: 1 round of code test About the company: Headquartered in San Francisco, our client is a series A HealthTech start up with $64m funding. With both hardware and software products, their products connect patients and physicians like never before with continuous, data-driven dialogue. This unique position of daily directed guidance stands to redefine primary care, while helping people live happier, healthier and longer.