Service Reliability Engineer
Consultant Kate Williams
Date posted 02 December 20192019-12-02 2020-01-31 engineering London London Christchurch - New Zealand location GB e26ea GBP 100 120 120 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This New Zealand based opportunity is not to be missed if you are looking for a role with a major industry player that will allow you to work across operations and project delivery. This is a Dev Ops role that will allow the successful applicant to provide decision-making information in order to contribute to the running of smooth operations. This role is a critical position that will offer support to a team managing and maintaining services, while contributing to the strategy AND delivering the plan. The role is broad, and not only covers the technical side of things but also encompasses the development and support of the applications and business process as well as contributing to automation initiative and continuous improvement.
The goal of the role is to establish emergency processes and support system processes, as well as leading process improvement. So If you are currently a senior systems engineer, operations analyst, middleware support specialise or senior Sys Admin with a strong knowledge of automation processes, software development and business strategy, then read on
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Deliver across inception and design through deployment, ensuring that the DevOps approach is followed
- Support the team by responding quickly and efficiently to system incidents, RFIs and providing training and operational processes development
- Create system improvement concepts and implement new software modules, and conduct applications performance analysis
- As part of a team, you will contribute to design and development of reusable automation scripting components and establish automation framework
- Your strong technical skills will allow you to produce project design documentation
- Relevant qualifications in Programming, Systems or Computer science, and sound experience in the field. This is a senior position that requires a certain level of autonomy and skills.
- You have software development experience, with ideally exposure to a variety of languages
- You have experience with underlying technologies: Ansible, Openshift, Docker, Linux, Citrix Infrastructure, Network infrastructure, Firewall and Security infrastructure, Authentication and user access controls, etc …
- Ideally you have experience or knowledge of the Energy or Electricity Transmission industry, electrical engineering knowledge being highly regarded
- You are able to produce certifications such as Itil v3, any certification in programming (Oracle Certified Java Dev, MCSD, Puppet Certified Professional, etc ….) and any system administration certification (Red Hat …)
A salary between $110,000 and $140,000 negotiable is on offer for the right candidate. You will get the opportunity to lead new DevOps & Process improvement initiatives, while working with a well-supported team. You will help create transparent and proactive monitoring services, and assist with business transformation. You will get the opportunity to work with a market leader and take the team to the next level.
If this sounds like you or for a confidential discussion about the vacancy and your situation, please contact me on 021 786 160 or email me your CV Emeline.Sales@robertwalters.co.nz