Lead Cloud Technical Operations Engineer
Salary £50,000 - £65,000 per annum + Work From Home
Consultant Ajay Hayre
Date posted 18 November 20192019-11-18 2020-01-17 it Coventry West Midlands GB GBP 50000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters is engaged with a Global organisation; they are true market leaders and are part of the ‘supermajors’ within their industry. They are listed across FTSE, NYSE and listed as leaders on the Fortune Global 500. In addition, they operate profits in excess of $5 billion.
As part of acquisitions and mergers, demand for Infrastructure and Cloud Services has grown. As such they have a requirement for a Lead Cloud Technical Operations Engineer, to be based in the Coventry offices paying a salary range of £50,000 to £65,000 plus benefits including work from home and flexible working.
As a Lead Cloud Technical Operations Engineer, you will focus on design, development, testing and deployment of services within AWS cloud infrastructure. They are in motion of accelerating their cloud strategy, migration projects and opportunities to work with bleed-edge technology.
Lead Cloud Technical Operations Engineer: Role Duties
- Contribute requirements gathering, architecture, design & implementation of enterprise cloud services
- Develop new cloud services components into service models/automatic provisioning
- Ensure cloud service model compliance/governance requirements
- Enhance cloud services based on stakeholder requirements
- Plan/Execute migrations to cloud infrastructure
- Cloud service documentation – develop and maintenance
Lead Cloud Technical Operations Engineer: Experience
- AWS IaaS and PaaS
- AWS networking VPC, load balancing, security groups
- Cloud Formation and Terraform
- Config. Management solutions – Chef, Puppet and Ansible
- Scripting languages
- Red Hat/CentOS, Ubuntu, Linux based O/S
- Containers, Docker, ECS, EKS
- VMWare virtualisation
- Windows O/S
- Networking concepts/protocols – IP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, TLS
- Load balancing, routing, DMZs, Firewalls
- Concepts: Security, database, cloud database
- Infrastructure/Code, CI/CD tools
- Broad AWS services and open source technology
The permanent opportunity for a Lead Cloud Technical Operations Engineer will offer flexible working and work from home. Offices are Coventry based and it will offer a salary range of £50,000 to £65,000 plus benefits.
This is an opportunity to work for a true global market leader. For further information, please apply with an updated CV and contact Ajay Hayre on 0121 260 2524.