Lead Technical Operations Engineer (AWS) - Contract - Coventry
Consultant Ash Ali
Date posted 18 November 20192019-11-18 2019-12-18 it Coventry West Midlands GB GBP 300 500 500 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Job Type: Contract Job Title: Lead Technical Operations Engineer Location: Coventry Duration 6-12 months + Rate £Negotiable
I am currently recruiting for a Lead Technical Operations Engineer for a 6 -12 month contract based in Coventry for a global branded organisation
You will be working as a member of the Technical Engineering / Cloud Operations team. The team provide enterprise class cloud services which are used by the software delivery teams and other business users.
You will be working closely with our internal customers to ensure well architected cloud services are delivered that meet fast changing demands.
The role is responsible for the design, development, testing and deployment of services within AWS cloud infrastructure. Experience with Infrastructure as Code and a full understanding of CI/CD tools is required. Experience with a broad range of AWS services and open source technologies is essential.
You will be joining at an exciting time as they are accelerating their cloud strategy with many migration projects and opportunities to gain experience with the latest technologies.
- Contribute to requirements gathering, architecture, design and implementation of enterprise class cloud services.
- Manage development of new cloud service components into service models for automatic provisioning.
- Accountable for verifying that cloud service models meet appropriate compliance and governance requirements.
- Assist with the development and enhancement of cloud services based on internal customer specifications and business needs.
- Plan and execute migrations from on-premise servers and virtual machines to cloud infrastructure.
- Accountable for the development and maintenance of cloud service documentation.
- Participate in development sprints in a fast paced Agile release environment, as required.
- Mentor and coach colleagues and seek opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Develop orchestration workflows to deploy, configure and update cloud services and related components within the cloud infrastructure.
- Design, development, testing, and deployment of monitoring, logging and remediation services.
- Design and develop features such as monitoring dashboards, custom metrics, log search pattern and alarms.
- Automate routine operational tasks or other maintenance actions.
- Provide support for cloud services and workflows.
- AWS IaaS and PaaS services
- AWS networking VPC, load balancing, security groups
- Experience with infrastructure as code and automation tools such as Cloud Formation and Terraform
- Experience with configuration management solutions such as Chef, Puppet and Ansible
- Proficient in at least one scripting language
- Good knowledge of Red Hat/CentOS, Ubuntu and other Linux based operating systems
- Good knowledge of containers, Docker, ECS, EKS
- Working knowledge of VMWare virtualisation
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Extensive experience of networking concepts and network protocols including IP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, TLS
- Experience of network services including load balancing, routing, DMZs, and firewalls
- Experience of security concepts, technologies and tools
- Knowledge of database concepts, technologies and tools including cloud database services
- Familiarity with DevOps culture, methodologies and tools
- Familiarity with Software Engineering concepts and methods
- Familiarity with Agile development / deployment concepts, methodologies and tools
- Familiarity with CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Development) concepts, methodologies and tools
- Experience with and interest in open source software communities
If this is something that fits your skill set, please send me your latest CV for immediate consideration and interview slots.
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Lead Technical Operations Engineer
Duration 6-12 months +