Desktop Support Engineer
Salary £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Location City of LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 14 November 20192019-11-14 2020-01-13 financial-services City of London London GB GBP 30000 40000 40000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client, a Financial Services based in London, are looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to join their growing team.
About the Desktop Support Engineer Role:
The Desktop Support Engineer will be a very hands-on member of a technical team responsible for companywide desktop, mobile device, and application support including Windows operating systems and software such as trading systems, and other applications. This is an internal customer facing role and requires excellent prioritization, responsiveness, and customer service, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. This position provides first and second level support from the Information Technology help desk for a diversified commodity trading and energy services firm. The Desktop Support Engineer role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual provide in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Perform Level 1 and 2 support as required: handle incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
Build rapport and elicit problem details from customers.
Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs.
Windows-based PCs, Workstations, Servers
- Flexibility, punctuality, strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Should possess a positive, flexible attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Eagerness to learn
- Excellent and friendly attitude when dealing with customers
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
- Ability to perform project-based work, execute project plans, and meet deadlines is required
- A thorough understanding of automation techniques and desktop standards on an enterprise scale.
- Must have a very organized work ethic and the ability to support desktop standards and processes.
- Self-starter, able to work on an individual basis as well as in a team.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
Knowledge & Systems Experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of technical experience performing desktop support, including troubleshooting workstation and operating system problems and repairing hardware.
- Experience in engineering desktop solutions for entire organizations (design, deployments) preferred.
- Experience with office administration and data feed services (such as Reuters or Bloomberg) preferred
- Previous experience in supporting trading users is a plus.
- Familiarity with Windows 10 , Microsoft Office ProPlus, ServiceNow, SCCM and Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop
- Ability to determine nature of hardware/software problems either via telephone or in-person and choose appropriate method of resolution
If the above is of interest please apply ASAP or call me on 0207 509 8040 to find out more!