SR Specialisr Cisco Consultant
Salary £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 12 November 20192019-11-12 2020-01-11 financial-services Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 50000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
this a fantastic opportunity to work for a global financial organisation
As the Sr Cisco Specialist Consultant you will be part of a team with a proven track record of helping the organisation and its customers. You will be building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
- The designing, evaluating, implementing and supporting Cisco collaboration and other telecommunication systems.
- Maintain, modify, and troubleshoot CUCM, Unity Connection, SIP, gateway and video infrastructure.
- Diagnose, detect, and repair Cisco Unified Communications Manager application faults.
- Complete standard service request and resolve end-user related incidents.
- Monitor systems and providing tier 2 support for Cisco collaboration infrastructure.
- You will have extensive experience implementing and supporting large / complex Cisco Unified Communication (UC) solutions including Unified Communications Manager, Unity Connection messaging systems and video / telepresence systems.
- Be well versed in all areas of network technology and have a proven track record designing, implementing, integrating and supporting a broad range of collaboration products.
- Troubleshoots highly complex telecommunications hardware and software problems.
- Consults with users, administrators, and engineers to identify business and technical requirements for proposed system modifications or technology purchases. Communicates with telecommunications vendors to obtain pricing and technical specifications for available hardware, software, or services.
- Evaluates services/products as possible solutions for future requirements or as a replacement/upgrade to existing network.
- Develops and lead implementation of telecommunications disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Strong experience in designing, evaluating, implementing and supporting major, high-traffic networks and inter-networking strategies required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Platforms: Cisco UCS (B and C series) Servers, Expressway, VG224 / 350, Oracle (Acme) SBCs, Cisco routers / switches, Cisco 79xx / 89xx / 88xx phones and video / telepresence endpoints.
- Software: UCM/CUC 8.x/10.x, VMWare ESXI, Jabber, Jabber Mobile Client. Spark, Acano.
- Networking: Strong Cisco routing and switching / data networking skills.
- Protocols: H323, SIP, MGCP, SCCP.
- must be an experienced problem solver, skilled in people development, delegation and building collaborative relationships. Must be an effective oral and written communicator, experienced in making presentations and able to easily influence people. Cisco CCIE Collaboration, VMWare VCP and Microsoft Certified Solution Expert – MCSE beneficial
- CCNP Route/Switch
- CCNP Collaboration