IT Operations Analyst
Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 18 October 20192019-10-18 2019-12-17 it London London GB GBP 40000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client, a Global Professional Services company, are looking to hire an IT Operations Analyst to join their growing team.
About the IT Operations Analyst Role:
You will be responsible for the day to day management and maintenance of IT operations in the EMEAA regions for my client. Operations support specialists will work to define the IT requirements of the business customer, and ensure IT services meet or exceed the service level agreements. The Operations Support team will also work to address IT problems, manage changes, make updates, conduct maintenance, deliver projects, enhance operations processes, and monitor and report IT performance against required metrics.
Technical scope (indicates primary focus and area of expertise):
IT Support to ensure the provision of IT devices, conduct diagnostic and resolve IT incidents and problems within EMEAA business operations. Assist with office deployment and moves within EMEAA operations. Citrix and virtualisation of both the client and server.
- Understand the service standards and levels required by business customers in your region, especially in your primary area of responsibility. Ensure that Infrastructure service delivery teams provide fit-for-purpose services
- Monitor and maintain IT service availability and performance levels in EMEAA
- Work with IT colleagues to support day to day IT operations in the region, make changes and/or upgrades to maintain the following systems under change control guidance, where required:
- Data centre and servers
- Cloud Services
- WAN and LAN, networking
- XenApp / Xenserver / VMWare
- Active directory
- Maintaining and monitoring system backups
- Maintaining telephone systems
- Email solutions
- Systems support
- Voice and data patch panel configuration
- Appropriate operating system(s) including LINUX and related utility software (e.g. failover software) including patch management and involvement in defining backup and restore policies.
- Help ensure that disaster recovery capability exists for the region, work to maintain the DR strategy outlined by senior IT management
- Carry out routine configuration/installation and reconfiguration of hardware and software
- Support test software upgrades and complete software upgrades as instructed
- Providing support for Blackberries and maintaining antivirus software.
Education and Experience
- Educated to Degree level in IT Related subject or equivalent extensive experience
- ITIL certified, ideally to intermediate/practitioner level with demonstrable knowledge of methods, techniques and tools for planning and organising.
- Extensive experience of working with conflicting, highly complex information
- Strong vendor management experience
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, including site level failover
- A proven track record of running an infrastructure operations environment to the highest professional standards, including strong service, operation, and delivery process/documentations standards
- Continuous process improvement orientation and experience in an operational context
- Experience with Change and Release Management and ITIL Service Management methodologies
- Project Management qualification e.g. Prince 2, APMP would be advantageous, not essential
Specialist / Required Knowledge
Excellent technical understanding of:
Microsoft AD and Windows
Exchange 2010 & Office 365
Citrix and other thin client technologies
Device imaging/build management
Storage / SAN technologies
Managed hosting, cloud services
XenServer / VMWare
Voice Systems (Mitel)
Monitoring tools such as (but not limited to) Nagios, CopperEgg, AppDynamics, Splunk, NCC
If the above is of interest to you please apply ASAP and if you want to find out more please call me 0207 509 8040