2nd Line Support Technician
Salary £21,000 - £25,000 per annum
Consultant Lawrence Matthews
Date posted 06 August 20192019-08-06 2019-10-05 it Liverpool Liverpool GB CH41 1FB GBP 21000 25000 25000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
2nd Line Support Technician Liverpool – United Kingdom Up to £25,000 P/A (plus generous benefit package)
2nd Line Support Technician
Liverpool – United Kingdom
Up to £25,000 P/A (plus generous benefit package)
Join a rapidly growing firm based in Liverpool with a personal feel. Their ethical approach and respect is present in all operations, from colleagues to clients this company aims to ensure the best outcome is met in all ventures. Working in the insurance and legal sector this firm is on the verge of breaking through as a large contender in an already competitive market, making this opportunity too good to miss.
As an integral part of this company you will be providing 2nd Line technical support both on and off-site, working with emphasis on professionalism and high-quality service across a busy service desk. This role will be a key function of the IT department, enabling the growth of the company through maintaining and assisting with their fundamental IT requirements. The company’s friendly approach to employees will allow you to develop personally and reach the next stages of your career through various roots of horizontal and vertical progression, working with professional, experienced and passionate team member who will guide you into exploring new methods and technologies.
Features of this 2nd Line Support Technician Role:
- Working with troubleshooting across various hardwares including; laptops, printers, mobile devices. As well as assisting in the support of various operating systems and software issues.
- Assist in the diagnosis and resolution of servers and networks with senior colleagues, therefore developing your skills to work independently on larger troubleshooting projects
- Receive and implement guidance from senior colleagues on telephony systems, while mentoring 1st line service desk technicians
- Engage with 3rd parties and senior members of the team to prevent continuity of problems and counteract possible escalations
- Perform regular systems health checks to ensure smooth and continuous systems operation
- Work pro-actively to discover and resolve potential faults or problems that may compromise business operations.
To ensure success in this position, you should possess the following:
- Previous experience as a 2nd line support technician
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 7 & 10
- Experience and competence working with Office 2010 / 2013 / 2016
- Experience with and knowledge around Windows Server ( 2008 / 2012 R2 / 2016 ) technologies
- Good knowledge of DNS, DHCP and Active Directory, along with experience of Software Deployment
- Knowledge of Networking ( TCP/ IP, Routing, VLANs )
- Experience working on service desk operations and administrations, and centralised printing solutions
- Technical knowledge of Exchange 2016 / VMWare vCenter 6.5 / Citrix XenDesktop 7 beneficial
To excel in this process, the following would be beneficial from the correct candidate:
- Experience with Avaya Aura telephony systems
- Good working knowledge of ITIL best practice
- Previous use of legal case management systems (Visual Files)
If your next step is working as an integral function of a quickly growing, Liverpool based, competitive organisation this opportunity is perfect for you. A company priding itself on professionalism with a highly personal feel, this role as a 2nd line support technician is unmissable.
Apply by responding to this job advert or email me directly via: