Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 25 July 20192019-08-05 2019-09-23 it Merseyside Merseyside GB GBP 40000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Linux Engineer – if you are a Linux Engineer looking to work within a dynamic organisation this is the role for you.
- Operate and develop the systems management, patch and configuration tools to ensure environment security, resilience, stability and consistency. Engage in tools and process development to streamline and automate existing tasks, reduce team workload, and improve support to internal clients.
- Provide 2nd / 3rd line support to ensure continuity of services.
- Use approved software tools to monitor the capability, functionality, sustainability and performance of service components (including hardware and software); making recommendations also.
- Ensure all change to services is undertaken in accordance with the prevailing Change Management procedures.
- Contribute to reviews and discussions to ensure the successful integration and delivery of IT services.
- Identify and select technology solutions from multiple competing options, perform evaluations and proof of concepts, and finally make recommendations to management.
- Review requirements and specifications and test solutions in conjunction with other IT teams and business users
- Appreciate the needs of business users and help your team manager align IT services to meet these in the most appropriate and cost-effective way.
- When requested, contribute to project plans for the implementation of upgrades and developments to systems and services.
Skills & Experience,
- Strong HP/UX & Linux
- Strong Windows Server administration
- ITIL-oriented environment
- Disaster Recovery planning / testing
- In-depth knowledge of HP-UX 11.31 or above. Linux knowledge Red Hat, Centos.
- SAN administration skills.
- Good shell-scripting skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
Desirable-ITIL v3 Foundation
- Database deployment experience on Unix & Linux systems (Oracle / Intersystems Caché)
- Event management (e.g. Nagios / SCOM)
- SQL scripting.
- HP 3PAR administration skills