Infrastructure Services Engineer Linux OR VMWare
Salary £35,000 - £45,000 per annum + additional beneifits
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 03 July 20192019-07-03 2019-09-01 it Leeds West Yorkshire GB GBP 35000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Infrastructure Engineer Linux is required for the proactive support and management of Interactive Investor’s compute and storage services.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintaining availability service levels through proactive management of infrastructure components and rapid response through monitoring and alerts.
- Enhancement of IT services through delivery of workstreams – Projects, BAU and initiatives.
- Management of infrastructure capacity through regular housekeeping, monitoring, and forecasting.
- Management and monitoring of job schedules – including automated file transfers and centralised backup routines.
- Providing on-site operational support of infrastructure components along with reactive on-call out-of-hours support on a rota basis.
- Maintaining currency of infrastructure components through patching and component lifecycle management.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES –
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Microsoft Windows Server
- RHEL Satellite or Microsoft Systems Centre
- DB2 awareness
- Nagios monitoring
- Satellite / Puppet
- Good scripting capabilities (PowerShell, Unix Shell or equivalent)
- Automated job scheduling / Managed File Transfer (Globalscape)
- Management of centralised Anti-virus solution.
- Storage – Pure (array & Purity management) NetApp, VNX, VXRail, Synology
- VMWare ESXi (6.x), vCentre, vRealize – virtual machine and capacity management
- VMWare Horizon – View, WorkspaceOne, Mirage & Identity Manager
- Veeam backup/restore management
- Azure AD / Exchange on-line