Infrastructure Services Engineer VMware
Salary £35,000 - £45,000 per annum + additional beneifits
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 03 July 20192019-07-05 2019-09-01 it Leeds West Yorkshire GB GBP 35000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Infrastructure Engineer required for the proactive support and management of Interactive Investor’s compute and storage services. You will be required to carry out the design, build, support and administration.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintaining availability service levels through proactive management of infrastructure components and rapid response through monitoring and alerts.
- Enhancement of IT services through delivery of workstreams – Projects, BAU and initiatives.
- Management of infrastructure capacity through regular housekeeping, monitoring, and forecasting.
- Management and monitoring of job schedules – including automated file transfers and centralised backup routines.
- Providing on-site operational support of infrastructure components along with reactive on-call out-of-hours support on a rota basis.
- Maintaining currency of infrastructure components through patching and component lifecycle management.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES –
- VMWare ESXi (6.x), vCentre, vRealize – virtual machine and capacity management
- VMWare Horizon – View, WorkspaceOne, Mirage & Identity Manager
- Cisco UCS Blades or similar blade computing environment
- Veeam backup/restore management
- Storage – Pure (array & Purity management) NetApp, VNX, VXRail, Synology
- Microsoft Windows Server or Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Microsoft Systems Centre or RHEL Satellite
- Azure AD / Exchange on-line
- Automated job scheduling / Managed File Transfer (Globalscape)
- Management of centralised Anti-virus solution.
- Good scripting capabilities (PowerShell or equivalent