Database & Applications Engineer
Salary £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Mark Eltringham
Date posted 17 May 20192019-05-17 2019-07-16 financial-services London London GB GBP 60000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A privately owned, value orientated Asset Manager are seeking a Database & Applications Engineer. This role will be focussed on 1st - 3rd line support. Including system admin. Platform engineering and softwatware development. On top of this there will be elements of samll project work.
- Database Engineering, adminstration and 2nd line support
- Application engineering, adminstration and 2nd line support
- Project work
- Assist the 1st line support team with issues and problems escalated
- Manage and maintain the MS SQL Server estate and associated systems, including the engingeering/ design and build of the platform.
- Manage daily batch processing across internal and external applications
- Develop and mantain scripts and other automation mechanisms: Applpication intgration, system housekeeping, monitoring/altering - reporting.
Internal Clients and External vendors of software market and data providers
Education and Experience:
- Computer science or related degree/ IT certifications ITIL/ ITSM
- Minimum 5 years IT exp. with minimum 3 years in a production Wintel/ MS SQL
Developed skillset in MS SQL Server 2008 - 2016 and Scripting