Citrix Support / Inrastructrure Support
Salary £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 07 May 20192019-05-07 2019-07-06 it Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 50000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Infrastructure Support / Citrix Support to work with a highly productive team who support, maintain and deliver to these environments. Experience of managing a current version of Citrix platform software is essential to this role. You be a good self-starter, with a persistence to identify root cause; ability to work with third parties to plan and implement changes; work with Release management and the Application support teams to deliver new software to the estate using the common Release processes and automated build processes.
You will be required to document the technical changes you are leading. You will also coach and mentoring others
- Initiates action to maintain or improve installation procedures and standards within area of authority, recognising issues that need to be escalated.
- Ensures that appropriate performance analysis equipment and diagnostic tools are used to test the hardware and/or software affected, and quantify and qualify changes made.
- Plays a leading role in scheduling installation work, liaising with all concerned to ensure that installation priorities are met and disruption to the organisation is minimised.
- Investigates potential and actual service problems and recommends solutions. Follows
- Gathers performance statistics from the IT platforms to enable recommendations for the tuning of system software.
- ITIL experience
Functional/Technical Competencies Essential:
The ideal candidate will be qualified in a Citrix technology (CCP-AD or equivalent) or will have experience in managing: Citrix XenDesktop (version 4.5 and 5.6 FP1+), XenApp, PVS, AppSense, Web Interfaces or Storfront and Netscaler. In addition, applicants should have:
- Demonstration of previous implementation and upgrade projects would be advantageous, in versions 7.6 and 7.15
- confirms correct functionality of hardware and software installations;
Functional/Technical Competencies Preferred but Not Essential:
- Experience working with or supporting one or more of the following technologies would be an advantage:
- Microsoft Windows Server operating systems including 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012.
- Experience architecting and designing Citrix platforms included but not exclusive to XenApp or XenDesktop installations in an enterprise style business.