Salary £40,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 03 May 20192019-05-03 2019-07-02 it Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 40000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
As an Infrastructure engineer you will work with colleagues to lead on various IS projects to develop and enhance the highly available and varied infrastructure. You will work with project managers and technical colleagues to identify requirements, design technical solutions and deliver these into the production environment successfully and effectively. Alongside this you will respond to incidents, problems and change requests ensuring compliance with SLAs, best practice, regulatory and legislative requirements.
The infrastructure team’s deliver high quality infrastructure products and services. Keep these services highly available and secure for all of our customers, whilst continually improving ourselves and the way we work to maintain excellence.
Projects and operations
- Act as the technical lead on various IS and business projects
- Work with cloud based suppliers
- Produce, continually improve and maintain technical documentation
- Work with the change control process to review, test and implement standard, normal and emergency changes.
- Be a technical escalation point and SME for IS services and applications.
- Provide 3rd level support for our Microsoft, Vmware and Cisco based infrastructure.
- Diagnose technical incidents and identify the root cause of problems.
- Monitor and respond to alerts and events from the system management toolset.
- Ensure the infrastructure operates effectively and efficiently.
- Possess strong technical knowledge, based on significant hands-on experience in an IT environment, where a wide range of project and BAU activities take place.
- Possess a good understanding of network architectures and topologies and the techniques needed to design and build infrastructure solutions in enterprise environments.
- Possess a good understanding and detailed knowledge of server and network configurations along with the techniques needed to design and build infrastructure solutions in enterprise environments.
- Have a good awareness of information security and confidentiality legislation.
- Possess an excellent understanding of ITIL, including service design and service transition.
- A good working knowledge of designing, building and supporting current technologies, including some of the following:
- Cisco Local Area Networks
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016
- Microsoft Networking (Active Directory, DNS, Azure etc.)
- Microsoft Exchange Online and Outlook
- Microsoft Skype and Teams
- HP server hardware
- Scripting and automation
- VMware 6
- Web technologies
- Backup systems
- Storage Area Network
- Palo Alto technologies
- Cloud based solutions