3rd Line infrastructure Engineer. BAU and Projects
Salary £39,000 - £49,000 per annum
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 25 April 20192019-04-25 2019-06-24 human-resources-and-personnel UK Robert Walters
This is a great opportunity to work for a fantastic organisation. You will provide detailed 3rd level technical support and management to a highly available infrastructure estate across 8 UK sites. You will work with colleagues to respond to incidents, problems and change requests ensuring compliance. Alongside this you will provide technical input into various IS led projects to develop and enhance the infrastructure. Delivering high quality infrastructure products and services.
- Provide 3rd level support for our Microsoft, Vmware and Cisco based infrastructure.
- Work with cloud based suppliers who host systems that are entirely remote or heavily integrated with our own internal infrastructure.
- Diagnose technical incidents and identify the root cause of problems. Recommend and implement temporary workarounds for known errors whilst working towards long term fixes that prevent the reoccurrence of issues.
- Work with the change control process to review, test and implement standard, normal and emergency changes.
- Monitor and respond to alerts and events from the system management toolset.
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc tasks to ensure the infrastructure operates effectively and efficiently.
- Be a technical lead on various IS and business projects. This involves working closely with project managers, other technical staff and third party suppliers to input into, and lead on project tasks.
- Produce, continually improve and maintain technical documentation for use within the department to ensure the effective use and management of systems.
- Performance management
- Relationship management
technical knowledge and skills
- Possess strong technical knowledge, based on significant hands-on experience in an IT environment, where a wide range of BAU and project activities take place.
- Possess a good understanding of network architectures and topologies and the techniques needed to support infrastructure solutions in enterprise environments
- Possess a good understanding and detailed knowledge of server and network configurations along with the techniques needed to support infrastructure solutions in enterprise environments.
- Have a good awareness and be able to work within information security and confidentiality legislation.
- Possess an excellent understanding of ITIL, including service operation and service transition.
- A good working knowledge of supporting and troubleshooting current technologies, including some of the following:
- Cisco Local Area Networks
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012
- Microsoft Networking (Active Directory, DNS, etc.)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and Outlook 2010
- Microsoft Lync 2013
- HP server hardware
- VMware 6
- Web technologies
- Backup systems
- Storage Area Network Experience
- Cloud based solutions
Desirable technical qualifications but not essential :
- Microsoft certified
- VMware certified
- Cisco certified
- ITIL experience