IT operations Engineer 1st, 2nd and 3rd line and projects
Salary £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 16 April 20192019-04-17 2019-06-15 it Leek Staffordshire GB GBP 30000 40000 40000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This is a great opportunity afor an IT Operations Engineer to join this financial organiation. The Operations team provides a single point of contact for internal IT customers and external third party service providers. You will manage communication, initial diagnosis, prioritisation and resolution or fulfilment of all incidents and requests according to agreed service levels. IT Engineers are involved in project delivery by contributing to service design and completing technical implementation.
- Responding to Service Desk phone calls and emails from internal IT consumers.
- Diagnosing and resolving incidents and requests including investigation and troubleshooting.
- Performing daily system checks and responding to real-time alerts from monitoring.
- Implementing standard changes and requests.
- Managing hardware break/fix and coordinating engineer to site activities for the branch network.
- Providing technical support to IT projects by contributing to solution research, design and implementation.
Qualifications & Knowledge -Essential:
- Microsoft Windows Server (Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, WSUS)
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- VMware vCenter, Site Recovery Manager (SRM) and ESXi.
- EMC VNX & Data Domain Storage
- Enterprise server hardware including lights out management (e.g. iLO)
- LAN and WAN Networking (Routing and switching protocols, IP addressing, network devices and functions, patching and troubleshooting techniques)
- Microsoft Office 365 (Exchange Online, SharePoint Online)
- Microsoft Exchange (On Premise)
- Microsoft SharePoint (On Premise)
- Firewalls (CheckPoint or Fortinet)
- Experience-Capable at working in an ITIL aligned operational support environment (2nd – 3rd line incident management and resolution).
- Able to work to project deadlines and within ticket response and resolution SLAs.