Lead Solution Designer
Salary £65,000 - £79,000 per annum + Bonus
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 15 March 2019 2019-03-152019-05-14 it Northamptonshire Northamptonshire GB GBP 65000 79000 79000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A Global Financial Services organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead Solution Designer to join their Growing but Established Technology Practice. This is a Permanent role based in Northampton.
Lead Solutions Designer will be responsible for creating technology solutions to meet business requirements, in line with Cluster and Group IT Strategies and Architectures
You will be Working with the relevant Project Manager, other Solutions Designers, or Technology Partner - responsible for ensuring that the outcomes delivered by projects are consistent with the original solution.
Support the development of systems strategy and plan for the supported business area. Provide ad-hoc consultancy as required to the business on technical matters.
What will you be doing?
- Be responsible for creating technology solutions, and stage 0 costs, to meet business requirements, in line with Cluster and Group IT Strategies and Architectures. Work with supply chain (including external) as appropriate.
- Adding clarity to business requirements; challenges business requirements and demands to ensure high quality candidate solutions are created
- Work with project managers and Global Technology Sourcing to advise on supplier and cost options, and to ensure that the validity of the overall solution is fully represented and considered in any RFI/RFPs process, or in the creation and evaluation of proof of concept solutions.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that solutions adhere to architectural and quality standards and policies.
What we’re looking for:
- Be able to create fit for purpose technology solutions which address the combined challenges of: meeting business need, deliverable within reasonable constraints, correspond to organisational strategic guidance
- Be familiar with integration and implementation issues and their architectural implications. Excellent understanding of best practice architectural and design methods with proven innovative and leading-edge thinking (e.g. Domain Driven Architecture, building for resilience, scalability, performance, etc.)
- A very good broad understanding of a wide variety of technologies, including emerging technologies. (e.g. AWS, Java, Adaptive and Responsive design, etc.)
- Understanding of different data solutions and data architecture best practice (e.g. Mongo, Data Driven Design, etc.)
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Understanding of different project methodologies, project lifecycles, major phases, dependencies and milestones within a project, and the required documentation needs.
- Ability to understand how and where third part products could be deployed. Good knowledge of vendor evaluation and selection best practice.
- Experienced with planning, estimating, staffing, organising, and working on multiple projects. Has monitored and dealt with critical paths and risks areas
- Good understanding of concepts of service delivery and support and how this can be affected by technical delivery