2nd/3rd line service Desk Engineer
Salary £32,000 - £35,000 per annum
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 15 March 2019 2019-03-152019-05-14 it Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 32000 35000 35000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This is a great opportunity for 2nd 3rd line Service desk Engineer.
As the 2nd and 3rd line Service Desk Engineer you will work in the IS Operations team and will be responsible for providing users with remote and desk side technical support, handling all levels of calls
- To deputise for the IS Team Leader at times.
- To provide support for the Windows network, desktop applications (including Microsoft Office, Avaya telephone system, Android, Apple, VPN, Citrix, Exchange email) and other IS systems.
- To carry out day-to-day administration of the Windows infrastructure and to resolve technical problems as appropriate.
Key skill 1 – technical knowledge and skills
- A strong background working in a Service Desk / IS environment troubleshooting and providing technical support, ensuring that service level agreements are met.
- The ability to effectively support and administer Microsoft systems and environments (Windows 7, Windows 10, Office 2010, Skype for Business, Office 365, Active Directory, and Exchange server), knowledge of Video conference equipment (Polycom), Exam Management systems/software and knowledge of Ivanti / LanDesk would be advantageous.
- To be able to follow Service Desk, Problem, Incident and Change control processes and procedures.
- To have experience and/or knowledge to working in Prince2, ITIL and Agile environments.