Network and Communications Engineer
Salary £50,000 - £73,000 per annum + Benefits
Location City of LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Jackson Smithies
Date posted 13 March 2019 2019-03-132019-05-11 financial-services City of London London GB GBP 50000 73000 73000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A financial services business require a network and communications engineer position. This is a new position in the team to assist with the Network Engineering Architect and critical to the delivery of both customer and colleague facing networking and communications to the Bank. Working closely with our technology supplier, and Service Management teams, this role is accountable for the end to end analysis, design, build, test and implement of: WAN / LAN WiFi, Fixed IP Telephony and Video, Audio & Web Conferencing.
This financial services business have dramatically altered their capabilities and are undergoing impressive transformation to provide a robust platform for their technology advancements.
This is an exciting opportunity for an all round technologist who excels in networking and communications (Data centre infrastructure will be highly beneficial).
There will be opportunities to work on architectural principles, deal with vendors and work on projects. The business requirements have been worked on recently and the Network and Communications engineer will work on the assessment and assurance of the role and review the design work from suppliers.
• Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment
• Deployed or support background, intricacies BGP and how they work in DC when they are looking at cloud.
• Extensive experience in Cisco networking technologies and firewall platforms
• Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term
• Good influencing and persuasion skills with the ability to enthuse and inspire multidisciplinary teams and build successful relationships at all levels
• Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues
• Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation and a pragmatic approach
For more information on this position apply directly here or call Jackson Smithies on 0161 240 7492 for more information.