Service Desk Team Leader
Salary £35,000 - £42,000 per annum
Consultant Jackson Smithies
Date posted 11 March 2019 2019-03-112019-05-10 it Liverpool Merseyside GB GBP 35000 42000 42000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A Service Desk Team Leader is required to enhance processes and the full end to end processes for support requests. Line management experience is key from a technical and leadership perspective. Technical experience around networks, storage, MS server, Citrix and
Robert Walters is partnering with a Global Financial Services Organisation based in Liverpool, they have an exciting new opportunity for a Service Desk Team Leader with great career progression with a large enterprise level business.
The Team Lead is an integral role within the Service Management team responsible for reporting to the IT Service Manager, and responsible for the efficient operation of the Service Desk / IT support process along with identifying enhancements to, and ensuring compliance of a standardised support process to operate as a standardised across IT and the business
Providing a central co-ordination function for the management of IT support requests from the business. The function is responsible for the oversight of the end-to-end process, fulfilling requests and managing queries and communications in a consistent and timely manner
Responsible for line management of the Service Desk Analysts, provide technical expertise and technical leadership and support the knowledge management function to ensure documents and artefacts are up-to date and provide the essential information to improve the efficiency and performance of the Service desk
- Solid technical skills across a range of platform areas (networks, storage, desktop, mobile, Citrix, MS Server, etc)
- Proven team leader
- Provide coaching and direction to team members.
- Challenges assumptions and probes detail.
- Ability to work under pressure as well as result-oriented.
- Personality as well as creativity in thinking and acting.
- Excellent client relationship skills.
- Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – proficient.
- Extensive experience of Leading a Service Desk function.
- Good leadership and influencing capabilities. Can cite specific examples of influencing technical and process management decisions to the benefit of the company
- An in-depth technical understanding allied to strong process skills.
- Able to demonstrate track record of implementing ITIL framework and processes with successful.
- Able to manage geographically dispersed teams.