IS Service Desk Analys
Salary £25,000 - £32,000 per annum
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 07 February 2019 2019-02-072019-04-08 it Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 25000 32000 32000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This a great opportunity for a IS service desk Analyst
IS Service Desk Engineer
This is a fantastic opportunity to for a Service Desk Engineer, you will work in the IS Operations team and will be responsible for providing users with remote and desk side technical support
To troubleshoot Service Desk tickets within service level targets to ensure a high level of customer service is provided.
- To have extensive knowledge of Windows 10 O/S and Office 365 suite to be able to support a rollout of this technology and support as a new IS Service in the longer term.
- To escalate tickets to the Infrastructure team or third parties such as external support or maintenance companies, as appropriate, to ensure the timely resolution of calls.
- To produce technical documentation for use within the department and user guides for the business to ensure the effective use of systems.
- To provide telephone support answering, logging and prioritising Service Desk tickets to ensure that the service level targets are met.
- To take responsibility for leading or providing technical assistance on projects when required.
- To complete daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc administrative tasks to ensure the Service Desk runs efficiently.
- To provide support for the Windows network, desktop applications (including Microsoft Office, Avaya telephone system, Android, Apple, VPN, Citrix, Exchange email) and other IS systems.
- To carry out day-to-day administration of the Windows infrastructure and to resolve technical problems as appropriate.
- To produce management information and statistics for systems and services to ensure that they are running efficiently and performance improvements can be identified.
- To provide training, mentoring and support for team colleagues either directly or through the knowledge base to ensure maximum knowledge distribution within the team.
- To identify improvement opportunities
- Attend meetings with internal clients and external companies representing the department.
- To take part in the out of hours support rota.
Technical knowledge and skills Required
- A strong background working in a Service Desk / IS environment troubleshooting and providing technical support, ensuring that service level agreements are met.
- The ability to effectively support and administer Microsoft systems and environments (Windows 7, Windows 10, Office 2010, Skype for Business, Office 365, Active Directory, and Exchange server), knowledge of Video conference equipment (Polycom), Exam Management systems/software and knowledge of Ivanti / LanDesk would be advantageous.
- To be able to follow Service Desk, Problem, Incident and Change control processes and procedures.
- To have experience and/or knowledge to working in Prince2, ITIL and Agile environments.