Infrastructure Engineer - VMWare
Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 08 January 2019 2019-01-082019-03-09 it London London GB GBP 50000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
My client, an International Financial Services organisation based in London, are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer who is well-versed in VMWare.
About the Infrastructure Engineer VMWare Role:
This is a multi-skilled role where the main purpose is to administer, develop and provide efficient infrastructure technology architecture for Virtualisation and remote connectivity and to provide additional administration and technical services to technology support as required.
- To manage and administer the VMware and Citrix Virtualisation infrastructure in line with agreed procedures and controls
- To develop, implement and maintain agreed standards and procedures for virtualization and other services as directed in line with the requirements of the Office
- To manage and apply changes to the technology architecture in accordance with agreed standards and procedures.
- To monitor the efficiency and integrity of virtualisation, remote connectivity and other services to the business as directed
- To proactively research and make recommendations for improvements to the technology architecture and processes.
- To provide out of hours competency support as required by the Office.
- As required specialise in one or more "domain" to provide expertise and to support procurement and account management.
- When required provide first and second level support and services in accordance with agreed standards and procedures
- As required assume the role of Security Administrator for designated domains
- VMWare Farm effectively monitored, performance maintained and service level achieved. Regular monitoring completed, performance analysed and MI delivered within agreed timeframes and Office and ISD standards
- Effective virtualisation and remote connectivity standards and procedures in place and clearly communicated
- Changes implemented within agreed timeframes and clearly documented and communicated
- Effective monitoring completed at appropriate intervals, issues addressed promptly and when appropriate, escalated
- Technology markets researched and where appropriate recommendations for improvements made and implemented
- Out of hours support given when requires
- Recognised as a technical expert in designated domains
- Relationships with Support team built and maintained, all production support requests completed within agreed timeframes and clearly communicated to Technology support.
- Security requirements for designated domains met.
A level standard of education with IT qualification, i.e. VCP – VMware certified professional, MCSE - Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or Citrix certification beneficial.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience, preferably working in a financial services institution
- Experience of supporting VMware in a distributed environment.
- Experience of supporting Citrix Xenapp including rolling out new versions.
- Experience of administration or support of Firewalls advantageous
- Experience of Microsoft Active Directory Services platforms, preferably in a financial institution with experience of financial applications.
- Experience of structured problem solving techniques and a highly motivated individual with a service driven attitude with strong technical aptitude and good interpersonal skills.
If the above is of interest please apply to the above role and you want to find out more please call me on 0207 509 8040