Infrastructure Middleware Engineer
Salary £55,000 - £60,750 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 08 January 2019 2019-01-082019-03-09 it Hampshire Hampshire GB GBP 55000 60750 60750 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
this is a fantastic opportunity to work within a global financial organisation
The Senior Infrastructure Middleware Engineer will be a key technical engineer in the delivery of the payments, utilising your excellent technical knowledge and experience to proactively define and develop the environment and procedures, and be an expert trouble-shooter for major or critical service incidents
As a member of the Operations Infrastructure teams, the primary function of the role is to ensure the Linux and Middleware-based infrastructure is secure, robust, resilient and compliant to PCI standards
- Ownership and leadership of technical resolution for high severity production incidents and Problems
- Adherence to standards for change control, Middleware security and Middleware patterns.
- Take part in the technical team during disaster recovery and business continuity exercises
- Define operational procedures and documentation
- Define and package applications
- Liaise with Development, Architecture and Operations Teams and identify requirements, incorporating them into the platform and deployed applications
- Provide on-call rota support where required
- RHCSA minimum – RHEL 6
- Proven experience with Automating operational processes and build processes using tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Artefactory. Continuous integration/deployment advantageous.
- Strong Middleware configuration skills with JBoss EAP 5/6/7. Must have a firm grasp of best practice, performance tuning, troubleshooting
- Strong emphasis on CHEF skills, including writing deployment and test scripts
- RHCJA preferred
- Good working knowledge of Apache/mod_cluster/mod_proxy/mod_jk and JBOSS EAP 5/6/7
- Basic Java development skills advantageous.
- Experience supporting Java applications