1st Line Service Desk Analyst
Salary £150 - £185 per day
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 03 January 2019 2019-01-032019-02-02 it London London GB GBP 150 185 185 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
My client, a Global Professional Services Company, based in Central London, are looking for a Service Desk Analyst to join their growing team.
About the Service Desk Analyst Role:
Provide first line helpdesk support to customers, assisting them with reported incidents and requests via phone and email within agreed time frames. Responsibility of working within ITIL standards deployed internally, and to effectively carry out agreed Incident management processes. Assist with administration matters including logging incidents and service requests, within the ITSM tool.
Incident\Service Request Management:
- Provide 1st line / level support for all local application related issues; answering support queries via phone, email.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries to ensure that service level standards are exceeded
- Log all Incidents in Service Management tool, currently Cherwell
- Resolve calls at first line where possible
- Where first line resolution is not possible, ensure call ticket is logged and escalated to appropriate second line team.
- Log all calls in Cherwell, including resolution and root cause where resolved at first line
- Administer user adds, changes and deletes across multiple IT systems
- Maintain and update PABX telephone address list and calling groups
- Support and maintain Mitel IP Phone handsets/IP Console
- Support and maintain printers – other Multi functional devices.
- Liaise with the second line teams in each IT Hub following incident analysis, to determine potential Problem.
- Use of existing Knowledge Base Articles to resolve reported issues, and also creating KBs where applicable.
- Customer focused
- ‘Can do’, proactive attitude
- Strong listening skills
- Professional approach and presentation
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Team player
- Other languages useful but not a pre-requisite
Specialist IT Knowledge:
- 1st line help desk experience
- Broad IT knowledge
- Experience of using call logging software
- Good knowledge of relevant IT software/hardware
- MS Windows 7/ 10 (installation/configuration/support)
- MS Windows 2008/2012 Server (user level administration)
- MS Office 2010/2016/365 (installation/configuration/support)
- MS Exchange 2010 and 365 (mailbox level administration)
- Sophos Anti-virus (desirable)
- Profile RPM (or other CRM application desirable)
- BI reporting tools
- Mobile devices including – Surface Pros, Laptops, Phones (iOS and Android)
Additional IT Skills (Preferred but not essential):
- Voice and Data patching
- Network Switching
- Use / Understanding of monitoring software packages
- Knowledge of LAN technology including TCP/IP
- IP PABX telephone systems
- Use / Understanding of Citrix Management Console
If the above role is of interest please call me on 0207 509 8040 or apply to the above role via here!