Service Desk Manager
Salary Up to £40,000 per annum
Consultant Elicia Hermitt
Date posted 24 October 2018 2018-10-242018-12-23 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Working with a well-respected client of mine, they are looking for an experienced Service Desk Manager to join their team in Manchester. You will be responsible for the management of the day to day operations of the 24/7 IT Service Desk ensuring that all service desk staff record, prioritise and manage the lifecycle if incidents and service requests efficiently. You will have a high level of customer satisfaction and adhere to service level agreements outlined. Why the business? The company are a leading brand in the security industry. They provide crucial services to keep their customers safe and secure. Organisation is key in this role and gaining experience with their bespoke applications you are sure develop your knowledge base in a customer thinking environment.
The responsibilities of the Service Desk Manager:
- Manage the overall 24/7 Service Desk operation ensuring that all shifts are adequately staffed at all times
- Establish and maintain an excellent relationship with key stakeholders and act as the key Business Relationship Management contact for the wider team
- Participate in Duty Manager rota and act as an escalation point for any Major Incidents and any escalations that are required to be managed out of hours.
- Carry out regular team 1:1’s, and develop and manage annual staff appraisal and training plans.
- Take accountability for all Service Desk processes and procedures ensuring that they are relevant, visible, understood and followed by all Service Desk staff
- Ensure Service Desk team KPI’s and SLA’s are achieved.
- Take responsibility for team distribution of daily reports as well as development of weekly operational and monthly governance reports.
- Take ownership of the Major Incident process ensuring that all Major Incidents are quickly escalated and prioritised appropriately
- Ownership of Change Management and attendance of weekly CAB sessions
- Work with the Service Delivery Manager to build a Service Desk strategy.
- Previous Service Desk Manager experience
- Experience working within an ITIL environment
- Able to work flexible and on call hours is essential
- Business Relationship Management experience
- Strong organisation skills
- Ability to prioritise and problem solve
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- ITIL Foundation Certificate v.3 desirable
- Knowledge of VMware and Citrix.
- SDI accreditation desirable
- Previous ServiceNow experience