Application Support Analyst
Salary £20,000 - £28,000 per annum + Bonus
Location Sutton Coldfield
Consultant Elliot Woods
Date posted 25 September 2018UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
We are currently looking to recruit an Application Support Analyst (MySQL & PHP). This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with 2nd line support. This would be an ideal stepping stone to progress your career into a developer role. The role will include experience working with databases, interrogating and manipulating information to achieve results and ultimately to solve problems that are presented.
As an Application Support Analyst (MySQL & PHP) you must have experience in data analysis, MySQL and PHP support within web-based applications is essential. The role will be based in the Sutton COldfield offices, paying a salary up to £28,000 plus bonus.
Robert Walters is working in partnership with a market leading national technology business. They have continued to grow this year as they acquired several businesses. They specialise in creating bespoke software solutions and managed services to a national customer base.
Application Support Analyst (MySQL & PHP) Job overview
- You will be joining a growing and dynamic company who designs and builds software for the public and commercial sectors.
- Gaining an excellent level of knowledge of our product set, you will be responsible for the support of our suite of software solutions that we develop in-house
- Resolve support tickets to SLA commitments
- You will support your peers and the team, sharing knowledge to ensure that the team can do their job to the best of their ability.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical understanding
- Ability to identify and highlight service improvements
Application Support Analyst (MySQL & PHP) Candidate Requirements:
- A friendly and collaborative attitude and strong Team Player
- Excellent telephone manner
- Strong problem solving skills and use of methodologies such as ITIL
- Good experience with Microsoft IT technologies
- Keen to progress a career into Development, Implementation etc
- Knowledge of ITIL service operations / service transition and continual service improvement.
Application Support Analyst (MySQL & PHP) Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Proficient in PHP and MySQL
- Experience of supporting distributed and web-based applications
- Experience of recording and solving application support issues from customers
- Prioritising requests, implementing and communicating timely solution
- Experienced in updating User Guides and Support Knowledge Base
- Root Cause Analysis
The permament opprutnity for an Application Support Analyst (MySQL & PHP) will be based in the Sutton Coldfield Offcies, paying a salary up to £28,000 plus bonus. This is an oppurtunity to join a growing PLC, which year on year has grown the technical function.
For more information, please apply with an updated CV and contact Elliot Woods on 0121 260 2546