Linux systems administrator Senior
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 24 September 2018UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Thi global financial organisation are looking for a Senior Linux Engineer
As the Senior Linux Engineer you will be a key technical engineer in the delivery of the payment gateway services, utilising your excellent technical knowledge and experience to proactively define and develop the environment and procedures. You will be an expert trouble-shooter for major or critical service incidents.
As a member of the Operations Infrastructure teams, the primary function of the role is to ensure the Linux and Middleware-based infrastructure is secure, robust, resilient and compliant to PCI standards.
- Ownership and leadership of technical resolution for high severity production incidents and Problems
- Adherence to standards for change control, Linux security and Linux patterns.
- Take part in the technical team during disaster recovery and business continuity exercises
- Define operational procedures and documentation
- Provide on-call rota support where required
- Lead and define network delivery requirements for Service Improvement Unit initiatives
- Design and lead internal projects and deliveries aligned with the Linux roadmap
- Support the architect and product teams in developing the Linux roadmap.
- Expert knowledge of administration of RedHat products, especially RHEL 6 & 7, Satellite 6
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework, vocabulary and best practices
- Proven experience with Automating operational processes and build processes using tools like Chef, Ansible or Puppet
- Strong storage configuration skills with NFS and iSCSI. Must have a firm grasp of best practice, performance tuning, troubleshooting