Head of Infrastructure
Salary £90,000 - £110,000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 06 September 2018 2018-09-062018-11-05 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client, an International Bank, are looking for a Head of Infrastructure and Desktop Support to join their growing team (this role will be based in London).
About the Head of Infrastructure and Desktop Support Role:
You will act as the senior Technology Manager and support esclation. You will lead a team of highly technical and skilled individuals across markets support, Infrastructure, desktop and application support, information security and application development. You will work strategically on aligning global standards to the local technology team and fully manage the regional technology budgets ensuring the short term and long term needs of the business are met.
The responsibilities of this role will be defined across the following areas (I have also added the metrics for each section that you will be measured against):
- Identify ways to maximise business unit revenue and minimise costs.
- Deliver programme and project priorities within budget.
- Exercise authorities over all aspects of the relationship with the business, including all technology spend.
- Utilise technology to position the business for sustained profitable growth.
- Deliver projects on time and within budget
- Deliver 10% cost savings on the budget
- Renegotiate contacts with venders to achieve savings
- Develop a strong relationship with other members of the businesses
- Deliver larger projects and small changes on time and to a high quality.
- Thought leadership on technology and innovation with the business unit.
- Manage ongoing service performance by understanding the correct level of engagement and collaboration needed to achieve the ideal business performance outcome, whilst actively communicating cost and risk information
- Responsible for service management performance (Infrastructure / Hardware and Application Services)
- Act as a key point of contact into technology for the business, and orchestrates the technology response to business needs.
- Influence demand to ensure initiatives are prioritised and shaped with close engagement with the business and aligned to the business agenda.
- Shape the delivery of the portfolio to optimise outcomes for the business
- Deliver insight into the appropriate use of technology, providing the optimum value for IT spend through oversight of key strategic priorities.
- Oversee the delivery of the portfolio on behalf of the business.
- Work with colleagues within the business area to gather more detailed information on business process disruptions when needed.
- Coordinate in-depth analysis of business sources of performance breakdowns.
- Define and implement business services SLA’s.
- Ensure implementation of tools and processes in accordance with global standards for Service Management.
- Develop infrastructure services which are matched to business needs, and transparently reflect service performance and cost attributes.
- Execute the disaster recovery planning framework and processes.
- Drive initiatives to improve service delivery processes.
- Achieve 90% Tickets benen raised
- Adherance to the Change process
- Full alignment with the global team on incident management and communication.
- Develop a highly motivated and engaged team of quality professionals.
- Low turnover of highly rated staff.
- Ensure succession planning and remove key man risks.
- Coach and develop direct reports to demonstrate a commitment to "high performance" and personal accountability.
- Coach and develop direct reports to maintain collaborative relationships with their key stakeholders.
- Ensure guidance, support, training and people development opportunities are undertaken with the team.
- Help build the professional capability of team members to retain staff and meet business needs.
- Achive a my voice score that is 30% higher then last years.
- Insure resources are up-to-date through technical courses
- Create a second in command in the team
- Ensure alignment and adherence with ANZ Group IT strategy, governance policies, processes and standards and with external regulatory requirements.
- Ensure (and monitor) that all operational activities comply with relevant legislation and regulations that govern the products and services.
- Ensure that compliance training is current and completed.
- Act as a role model and insist that all behaviours are consistent with company policy.
- Extensive IT experience with an emphasis on the Banking Sector.
- Working knowledge of IT Hardware platforms ranging from PC to databases.
- Working knowledge of Data and Voice Telecommunications platforms and protocols
- Excellent organisational and planning ability with proven analytical, problem solving and technical skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with ITIL or similar frameworks
- Strong Project management skills.
If the above is of interest please call me on 0207 509 8040 to find out more. Otherwise please apply ASAP!