3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
Salary Up to £36,000 per annum
Consultant Elicia Hermitt
Date posted 29 August 2018 2018-08-292018-10-28 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Our client, a leading business in their sector require a 3rd line engineer to join the team at the Head Office. Salary is £36,000 based in Wigan. As a 3rd Line Engineer you will work as part of a close-knit and highly competent team designing, implementing, analysing and maintaining the IT infrastructure of the group’s systems. You will provide reactive support and proactive maintenance to a Windows Server environment which will include network connectivity, SAN administration and VMware administration. The role requires analytical skills, an awareness of core Infrastructure technologies and the ability to build strong links and relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The Infrastructure team’s purpose is to ensure effective delivery of Infrastructure services, hardware and connectivity with familiarity of the field’s practice and procedures providing support for escalated tickets.
- Provide 3rd line support Server support to the network infrastructure
- Design, implement and maintain the IT infrastructure
- Implement and maintain central virtualised infrastructure
- System administration duties including server install, System/Application install and patch management, Windows problem determination and resolution, log analysis, etc.
- Act as Technical resource within identified business projects, provide technical documentation (Design, changes etc.) to support the project
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to server and network topology, equipment, and configuration(s).
- Create project plans, design, and implement solutions and Infrastructure Projects
- Provide Infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage networking, Operating System, network security, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore, system and network monitoring, application installation and configuration
- Investigate emerging technologies; documenting findings and providing benefits of such technologies to the business
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working within an IT Infrastructure role within an enterprise environment
- VMware 6+, ideally VMware 6.5 is essential
- Strong experience of providing 3rd line IT support and working within a service desk environment
- Management and support of Windows Server (Active Directory/ DNS/ DHCP/ Clustering/ IIS)
- Server Hardware Builds & Physical Device Installations (HP/IBM/ Dell)
- SAN technology
- Network monitoring tools (SolarWinds/ Nagios)
- Experience with ISO 27001 / PCI- DSS is advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive organisation with a very stable team…This role is to replace a long-term employee in the Infrastructure Team. Want to know more, then call me directly Elicia Hermitt 0161 240 7434 to discuss how this move could be for you!