Salary Up to £25,000 per annum
Consultant Elicia Hermitt
Date posted 22 August 2018 2018-08-222018-10-21 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Robert Walters has a fantastic opportunity for a Desktop Engineer to join a property development organisation in Salford Quays, Manchester. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Desktop Engineer to join the IT team. You will provide technical IT support to all users over the phone, remotely and onsite whilst maintaining excellent customer care. The role can feature many different aspects of IT including hardware, software and end user support. You will resolve problems across a wide range of networking and computing services, providing a high-quality service.
Duties and responsibilities:
- You will be responsible to ensure the delivery of IT service and support to all users, and service requests as well as promoting a self-service approach to reduce repeat demand via automation and business user education.
- Responsible for the resolution of 1st line and 2nd line support tickets through to completion including the acquisition of higher level support where required.
- Create/update technical documentation and knowledge base articles.
- Troubleshooting and reacting appropriately to support requests and systems alerts.
- Responding to any System and Network notifications that occur during UK support hours including escalation to other operating regions based on the severity of the incident.
- To be available to occasionally travel throughout UK and when required to be flexible with working times
- Install, image and configure laptops, desktops, mobile devices, printers, VoIP phones and network equipment.
- To assist with ICT projects as and when required.
- Act as a point of contact for contractors and external suppliers; you’ll also clearly communicate any technical issues.
Knowledge and experience:
- A minimum of 3 years proven experience in a desktop support role
- ITIL v2 or 3 (Desirable).
- MCSA – Windows 10 (Desirable).
- Experience in administering and troubleshooting the following systems;
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 and 10.
- HP, Lenovo and Dell Hardware Support.
- Microsoft Office 2016.
- VoIP Systems.
- Active Directory and Office 365 Administration (Account Creation, Security, Permissions etc.).
- Use of deployment tools such as Microsoft SCCM and or MDT.
- Good networking knowledge of TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, Wi-Fi etc.
- Mobile phone support IOS/Android.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting hardware (diagnose internal faults & component replacement).
- Installs, Moves and Changes including building and desk moves.
- Printers including multifunctional devices and secure print.
- Experience with using remote desktop support tools including SCCM, DameWare etc.
- Cisco switches, routers and firewalls, setup and configuration.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Hyper-V and Exchange Server.
- Microsoft Skype for Business.
- Video conferencing systems.
- Mobile device management systems.
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (including telephone manner).
- Ability to work on own initiative, as well as to engage directly with colleagues in the execution of project assignments.
- Great problem solver who will identify themes behind the issues and tracks down their causes in a systematic and analytical way.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Keen attention to detail.
- DBS check clearance.
With a great work environment and benefits package, it will suit someone looking to take the next step in their IT career and join a growing department which really invest in their employees.
If you believe you have the skills and experience required, please get in touch! Or email me for more information - email@example.com