Desktop Support Analyst
Salary £20,000 - £30,000 per annum
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 25 July 2018 2018-07-252018-09-23 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Solutions Provider currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Desktop Support Analyst to join their established but rapidly expanding Technology Practice. This position will also offer a considerable opportunity for progression!
This role will be part of a team that supports the US arm of the business and will cover US hours of 14:30-23:00 to support the global Technology department.
Key Responsibilities include:
Working within the Desktop and Applications Support team as part of a combined 1st and 2nd technically skilled and experienced support team to provide technical assistance to internal and external clients on all applications and areas of IT, including but not limited to:
- Desktop Computing
- Desktop Telephony & Mobiles
- Business Applications (both off the shelf e.g. Microsoft Office and internally developed products)
Responding to support incidents on the phone, through email, within the product support website and through the internal ticket system other tasks will include:
- Operate within published procedures for Incident, Request, Problem and Change Management, ensuring agreed business and client SLAs are met.
- Manage the logging of support issues following business procedures to capture issue, assign the priority level and close tickets with clear details on cause and solution for the issues.
- Escalates incidents and requests to internal and external 3rd line teams as appropriate within the agreed procedure.
- Transition and articulate critical system and application issues to Team Leader.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times through an understanding of each customer's needs, focusing on a swift (and where possible) first time resolution for the customer
- Provide troubleshooting and debugging of client problems.
- Proactively builds and manages internal and external customer relationships based on trust and respect
- Communicate outage/emergency and maintenance activities to the organisation.
- Document how to articles and knowledge bases to support customers in finding the resolution online before needing to contact the Desktop and Application Support Team.
- Process IT purchase orders for hardware/software purchases as required by the business,
- Work with other members within the Technology department to improve personal knowledge of systems and skills to better support the business.
**Should the above be of interest, please apply immediately to receive a more detailed job specification**