Salary £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 19 July 2018 2018-07-192018-09-17 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Application Analyst to join their established but rapidly expanding Technology and Change Function.
As a member of the IT Business Partnering team, the successful candidate will provide specialist help to ensure appropriate support, maintenance, development and security of Microsoft based client communication systems and associated services, to meet the evolving needs of users and the business.
- Release management – plan, test and implement new software releases following version upgrades, minor enhancements or change introduced as part of project delivery.
Maintain a good awareness of developing applications and technologies, evaluate the impact on existing services and systems architecture, and communicate this within the Technology & Change department and the business.
- Investigation and support of issues affecting all systems which fall under the responsibility of the assigned team, including systems forming part of Development, UAT, DR and Live environments.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for projects & minor enhancements which impact those systems under your responsibility. Provide advice and guidance to project managers and other colleagues while working as part of a project team in order to deliver the requirements of the project
- Responsible for maintaining good third party vendor relationships, in order to resolve issues, including hosting on site visits from those suppliers.
- Vendor management, including conducting annual vendor reviews and attending key supplier meetings to discuss ongoing matters and product roadmaps.
- Manage service requests and incidents, ensuring calls are regularly updated and closed with appropriate resolutions entered.
- Business application support and management
- Server management in an enterprise environment
- Support of applications hosted on Microsoft SQL Server 2012/14/16
- T-SQL – Querying databases, scripting
- Support of applications hosted on, and the management of servers built on Microsoft Windows Server 2012/16
- Management of Hyper-V and virtual servers
- Software transition and release management.
- Vendor management
- Powershell scripting
- Client Reporting Solutions
- Apache Tomcat
- Apache HTTPD
- OpenSSL, PKI, Ciphers
- Workflow based applications
- Web security
- Data Integration and reporting
- ITIL v3 qualified.
- Financial services/Investment Management experience
- Structured problem solving
**Should the above be of potential interest, please apply immediately to receive a more detailed job specification**