Senior VMware Engineer
Salary £45,000 - £60,000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits
Consultant Brett Mears
Date posted 12 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
I am currently looking for an experienced Senior VMware Engineer in Hampshire for a large enterprise level Financial Services organisation
Senior VMWare Engineer
£45,000 - £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Robert Walters is partnering with a Global Financial Services Organisation based in Hampshire, they have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior VMWare Engineer, with great career progression with a large enterprise level business. The Senior VMWare Engineer will be a key technical engineer in the delivery of the payment gateway services, utilising their excellent technical knowledge and experience to proactively define and develop the environment and procedures, and be an expert trouble-shooter for major or critical service incidents.
- Ownership and leadership of technical resolution for high severity production
- Adherence to standards for change control, network security and network patterns.
- Take part in the technical team during disaster recovery and business continuity exercises
- Define operational procedures and documentation
- Lead and define network delivery requirements for Service Improvement Unit initiatives
- Design and lead internal projects and deliveries aligned with the VMWare roadmap
- Support the architect and product teams in developing the network roadmap.
- Identify new technologies and services to transform the network service offering
- Mentor the global technical team to build a high-performing technical delivery environment
- Expert knowledge of network administration of VMware and Microsoft technologies
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework, vocabulary and best practices
- Expert in working with Vendor technical support staff, including vendor development teams
- Expertise in defining technical plans and procedures
- Expert in multiple VMWare vSphere and vRealize suite with a strong background in Scripting.
- Expert skills and a desire to automate functions
- Demonstrable experience of VMware performance tuning and capacity management on critical customer-facing systems and high-volume payments services
- Have a good understanding of the business areas and application / service components used and an appreciation of applications from both a technical and business perspective.
- VMWare VCP 6.0 minimum
- Proven experience with vSphere 6 multi-site configurations and PSC management
- Strong storage configuration skills with NFS and iSCSI in vSPhere – must have a firm grasp of best practice, performance tuning, troubleshooting
MCSE & Strong Windows Troubleshooting skills
Strong Active Directory and Group Policy skills
Cisco UCS Management experience