Infrastructure Middleware Engineer
Salary £55,000 - £60,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 12 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for multiple experienced Infrastructure Middleware Engineers to join their growing but established Technology Practice. These are Permanent roles based in Fleet
- Expert knowledge of administration of RedHat products, especially RHEL 6 & 7, JBOSS EAP 5/6/7 and JBOSS Operations Network or equivalent.
- Good exposure to RedHat FUSE and OpenShift platform is required
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework, vocabulary and best practices
- Expert in working with Vendor technical support staff, including vendor development teams
- Expertise in defining technical plans and procedures
- Expert in Configuration Management with a strong background in Scripting.
- Expert skills and a desire to automate functions
- Experience of RHEL, JBOSS and Apache performance tuning and capacity management on critical customer-facing systems and high-volume payments services
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment and the associated processes and tools
- Have a strong working knowledge of infrastructure components and the processes required to maintain the infrastructure
- Have a good understanding of the business areas and application / service components used and an appreciation of applications from both a technical and business perspective.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
RHCSA minimum – RHEL 6
Proven experience with Automating operational processes and build processes using tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Artefactory. Continuous integration/deployment advantageous.
Strong Middleware configuration skills with JBoss EAP 5/6/7. Must have a firm grasp of best practice, performance tuning, troubleshooting
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
Strong emphasis on CHEF skills, including writing deployment and test scripts
Good working knowledge of Apache/mod_cluster/mod_proxy/mod_jk and JBOSS EAP 5/6/7
Basic Java development skills advantageous.
Experience supporting Java applications
Good troubleshooting skills around application performance and deployment.
Strong skills in developing monitoring solutions