Senior Network Engineer (CCNA / CCNP / Cisco / Fortigate)
Salary £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Consultant Mosi Brown
Date posted 12 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Senior Network Engineer / Network Team Lead / Cisco / CCNA / CCNP Security / Call Manager / Voice / Fortigate / Meraki / ITIL / CCM / CCX / MPLS / BGP/ OSPF / RIP / RIPv2 / Crewe / Cheshire / North West Senior Network Engineer required to help grow the team based in Crewe - Salary up to £40,000 including benefits package.
Senior Network Engineer / Network Team Lead / Cisco / CCNA / CCNP Security / Fortigate / Meraki / ITIL / CCM / CCX / MPLS / BGP/ OSPF / RIP / RIPv2 / Crewe / Cheshire / North West
Senior Network Engineer required to help grow the team based in Crewe - Salary up to £40,000 including benefits package.
- Carries out installation, support and maintenance of the group’s network infrastructure.
- Proactively looks for ways in which the group’s network infrastructure can be improved in order to ensure optimal performance and stability.
- Producing and maintaining documentation in relation to the group’s network infrastructure including network architecture diagrams.
- Creates an atmosphere of collaboration within the infrastructure team that emphasises teamwork and accountability and a focus on the customer.
- Works with business unit executives and IT management to define infrastructure support initiatives and solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness with a particular focus on the group’s server estate.
Your background and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent formal training or experience.
- Significant experience of working in a multidisciplinary team with a focus on both LAN and WAN networking technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and direct IT efforts to improve operational efficiency and service delivery.
- Track record of continuous service improvement with tangible results impacting support, customer satisfaction, and cost.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with ability to present complex ideas in clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical groups.
- Proven experience of the following technologies:
- pfSense based WAN architectures
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CCM)
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (CCX)
- Experience of working alongside application development teams, supporting and advising on best practice to maintain performance and availability.
- Certifications in one or more of the following areas would be a significant advantage.
- Cisco IOS technologies (in particular CCNA and CCNP)
- Cisco ASA technologies (CCNA/CCNP Security)
- CheckPoint Firewall
- Familiarity with Service Desk Ticketing systems
- Experience of data centre migrations.
Salary including benefits package up to £40,000 based in Crewe, Cheshire - North West