Senior 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer (VMware/HyperV/Linux)
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum + good package + h/working
Consultant Mosi Brown
Date posted 04 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
3rd Line Infrastructure / 3rd Line Support / 3rd Line Lead / Senior 3rd Line / VMware / HyperV / Cisco / WinTel / Server 2012 / Server 2016 / SAN / Apache / Linux / Centos / Suse / Crewe / Cheshire Our client, a leading global organisation have created a new role to for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join the team in Crewe. Salary up to £55,000 + package (including some homeworking)
3rd Line Infrastructure / 3rd Line Support / 3rd Line Lead / Senior 3rd Line / VMware / HyperV / Cisco / MPLS / WinTel / Server 2012 / Server 2016 / SAN / Apache / Linux / Centos / Suse / Crewe / Cheshire
Our client, a leading global organisation have created a new role to for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join the team in Crewe. Salary up to £55,000 + package
The client is continually growing through acquisition and they are now transforming the business and adopting a "follow the sun" support model. This new role will be a good mixture of Project and BAU support. There's a lot of work to do with Migration and Integration projects including the below:
- Provides technical support and basic administration, in the planning, coordination, scripting, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to distributed systems OS software.
- Develops, tests and implements technical procedures to maintain or expand service levels.
- Translate business application requirements into infrastructure requirements
- Evaluate products, services, applications/tools, software, and industry developments for potential business impact
- Participate in medium to large business projects; lead small to medium infrastructure projects
- Performs system maintenance as assigned on Distributed Computing System(s) or its related components.
- Provides level of support for problem resolution across the enterprise.
- Participates in 24 x 7 on-call rotation.
- Experience specifically supporting server technologies employed; hardware, O/S, and related tools and applications.
- Experience working with networking components and services such as TCP/IP protocols, DHCP and DNS technologies, and LAN/WAN topologies and transports.
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 Administration
- Group Policy Management
- Active Directory
- Windows Hyper-V Virtualisation administration
- Microsoft Azure knowledge / experience / administration
- Knowledge of switching configuration on Cisco Switches
- Knowledge of routing configuration on Cisco Routers (EIGRP, BGP)
- Good Understanding of Network Security concepts and methods
- Good understanding of MPLS networks (Layer 2 and Layer 3)
- Good understanding of Load Balancing concepts and methods
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, OSI model, DNS and DHCP
- RedHat, SUSE, CENTOS Linux Skills
- An understanding of monitoring tools, configuration of alerts as well as resolving incidents created from alerts
- Good understanding of patching technologies and practices
- An understanding of Hybrid Cloud Technologies
- An understanding of SAN Storage Technologies
Salary up to £55,000 including benefits package with some homeworking. Interested to know more then call me directly 07387 064306 to discuss in more detail.