Technical Engineer (2nd Line/3rd Line/Security/WinTel)
Salary £30,000 - £35,000 per annum + great benefits!
Consultant Mosi Brown
Date posted 02 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Infrastructure Engineer / Desktop Engineer / Technical Engineer / Infrastructure Engineer / 2nd Line / 3rd Line / Security / VPN / WinTel / Windows 10 / Windows 7 / Mac / OSX / VMware / Software / Stockport / This is a newly created role to join the Information Security team as a Technical Engineer with a focus on Security - Salary up to £35,000.
Infrastructure Engineer / Desktop Engineer / Technical Engineer / Infrastructure Engineer / 2nd Line / 3rd Line / Security / WinTel / Windows 10 / Windows 7 / Mac / OSX / VMware / Software / Stockport /
This is a newly created role to join the Information Security team as a Technical Engineer with a focus on Security - Salary up to £35,000.
A newly created post requires a Technical Engineer to work with the organisation's Information Security team. The focus of this role is to roll out and support hardware & software installations. The Technical Engineer role is crucial to support the Information Security programme implementation of various security related projects such as encryption, a VPN upgrade and an enhanced asset management solution.
There is a real opportunity for a Technical Engineer to join the company, make their mark and become an integral player within our Information Security and Infrastructure team.
- Roll out of different security related solutions across the organisation
- Setting up and configuring laptops, desktops & Apple Macs
- Working with business colleagues to resolve post implementation issues following the roll out of software / solutions.
- Working closely with the Service Management team to ensure accurate information is captured in the service management ticketing system
- Assisting with the implementation of Asset Management software and supporting processes
- Testing and test documentation of security solutions
- Supporting the transition of solutions into BAU
- Implementing and following Information Security procedures during the projects
- Technical / Desktop support background is required
- Active directory knowledge
- Understanding of Group Policy within Active Directory
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Experience of supporting Windows 7, Windows 10 and Apple Mac preferable
- Exposure to VMware in an enterprise environment
- Ability to create detailed documentation for test results, training and service transition purposes
- Understanding of the IT asset life-cycle is preferable
- Professional attitude to completing critical time-based tasks
This will suit Desktop professionals looking for a focused role within a Security Practice of a national business. Salary up to £35,000 with a great benefits package and training too.