Senior Network Engineer
Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum + Bonus
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 27 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Leading Solution Provider currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Network Engineer to join their established but rapidly expanding Technology Practice.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Carries out installation, support and maintenance of the group’s network infrastructure.
- Proactively looks for ways in which the group’s network infrastructure can be improved in order to ensure optimal performance and stability.
- Producing and maintaining documentation in relation to the group’s network infrastructure including network architecture diagrams.
- Creates an atmosphere of collaboration within the infrastructure team that emphasises teamwork and accountability and a focus on the customer.
- Works with business unit executives and IT management to define infrastructure support initiatives and solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness with a particular focus on the group’s server estate.
- Proactively researches and recommends courses of action to prevent problems and to maintain high infrastructure service levels for our internal customers.
- The work will require excellent written and oral communication skills, in addition to technical ability.
- Demonstrates a proactive approach in helping to mitigate risks, improve quality in an efficient manner and resolve issues that do occur.
- Creates and maintains documentation to support network technology in the organisation
- Ensures change management processes are followed for all system changes.
- Ability to manage customer expectations and SLA’s and prioritise conflicting requirements
- Ability to keep up to date with technology trends and to understand key technical drivers in the industry
- Infrastructure System knowledge gained in a professional services/project organisation and/or technical environment
- Network hardware including cabling, switching, routing and firewall functionality (Cisco and Fortigate preferred)
- Routing protocols and technologies including MPLS, BGP, OSPF, RIP and RIPv2
- VOIP technologies (Cisco preferred)
- Understanding of the OSI model
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve network outages
- Knowledge of IT Security fundamentals.
- Remote diagnostics and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity of data centre environments.
- A thorough understanding of Service Management disciplines, ideally using the ITIL framework.
- Cisco Meraki
- pfSense based WAN architectures
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CCM)
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (CCX)
- Cisco IOS technologies (in particular CCNA and CCNP)
- Cisco ASA technologies (CCNA/CCNP Security)
- CheckPoint Firewall
- Experience of data centre migrations.
**Should the above be of interest, please apply immediately to receive a more detailed job specification**