Linux Engineer (Solaris/Cloud/Oracle/SAN)
Salary Work from Home + package
Location North West England
Consultant Mosi Brown
Date posted 22 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Linux Engineer / Solaris Engineer / 3rd Line / Linux Architect / Oracle / Sybase / OBS Cloud / North West / Home-working / Manchester Newly created role to help my client transition to a 3rd Party Vendor - Linux Engineer required to work from home - Salary up to £50,000
Linux Engineer / Solaris Engineer / 3rd Line / Linux Architect / Oracle / Sybase / OBS Cloud / North West / Home-working / Manchester
My client has a new created role to help them client transition to a 3rd Party Vendor - Linux Engineer required to work from home - Salary up to £50,000
The Solaris / Linux engineer will work alongside the Application and Infrastructure teams to provide the key infrastructure for the main business application.
This will include capacity planning, performance monitoring as well as optimisation of the current infrastructure. They will also be a key member of the team planning to migrate these services from a Private Cloud to Public Cloud Services.
The Solaris / Linux Engineer will report to the Infrastructure Director and will be responsible for establishing the company's technical vision and leading all aspects of the Solaris / Linux Infrastructure.
You will play an integral role in the Company's strategic direction, development, and future growth. You will also work with the Information Technology and business teams as the organisation grows exponentially.
The role will also have the following responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Application team to optimise the infrastructure used to
- Obtain sponsorship for and articulate benefits of new technologies
- Propose and execute migration to Public Cloud based infrastructure.
- Follow all Incident and Change management.
- Own the creation of detailed system/design documentation for the company's infrastructure.
- Provide IT technical support to Europe projects.
- Identify and communicate technology trends that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Communicate formally and informally through existing forums to stakeholders at all levels, including senior management.
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to professional growth in risk, program and project management establishing governance processes to ensure that the objectives are achieved.
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of IT experience and leadership or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of Solaris and Linux
- Knowledge of hardware
- Knowledge of current SAN technology
- Knowledge of current networking platforms and technologies
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) and strong influencing skills
- Change Management
- Communication Oral & Written
- Domain Expertise
- Team Leadership
This is a Home based role where travel and accommodation will be provided for ad-hoc Manchester based meetings. Salary up to £55,000 and very dependant on experience. This is a greenfield opportunity to make your very own! Call me to discuss in more detail and confidential on 07387 064306