Desktop Support Manager (possibilty of working 1 day from home)
Salary £50,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant Darius Goodarzi
Date posted 12 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client, a global Professional Services company, is looking for a DeskTop Support Manager to join their growing team.
About the Desktop Support Manager Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to lead a team of Desktop Support specialist ensuring all the client's users receive the highest quality experience using their endpoint devices. This includes the provision of desktop, laptop, tablet, Windows and Mac services. This includes the provision of a Standard Operating Environment (SOE) for all company supplied devices. The role holder will provide and/or validate technical designs for new IT desktop and supporting infrastructures relating to the end user workspace including hardware and software solutions required to support business initiatives.
- Provide technical leadership of the Desktop Team, ensuring business requirements and service quality levels are met
- Responsible for the proposal, design and implementation of solutions to business led and technology driven projects
- Responsible for validating externally produced designs for service enhancements, products and solutions.
- Collaborate with service and technical management providing effective management of supplier relationships and driving commercial value and the quality of services being delivered.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Assist the Global Operations Director with annual budgeting and strategic planning.
- Develop and Maintain stock control procedures to ensure effective tracking of all desktop related business assets.
- Work with the service and technical management team to help define and maintain a service delivery model with clear demarcation lines between functions.
- Design, implement and oversee the process to proactively managing the resolution of complex incidents and problems escalated by supporting IT teams using industry standard ITIL processes, including the escalations to 3rd party suppliers.
- Analyse complex operational processes and services in order to mitigate risk, taking proactive action to resolve any issues and contribute to the production of any necessary policy, process and procedural documentation.
- Ensure all systems and services are fully documented to appropriate standards to enable effective and efficient support, including the creation of documented processes for frontline staff.
- Responsible for the deployment and distribution of end user applications to end point devices.
- Travel to other of the client's Group offices as required.
- Responsible for the proactive monitoring of all desktop infrastructure and endpoint devices, diagnosing faults and identifying remedial actions.
- Ensure endpoint components such as desktop, laptops, tablets and other devices are installed, operated and maintained optimally to agreed availability, performance, reliability and cost measures.
- Assisting to develop the skill and expertise of team members ensuring knowledge is captured and disseminated across the team.
Education and Experience:
- Educated to Degree level in IT Related subject or equivalent extensive technical management experience
- Holder of ITIL Foundation v3
- Demonstrable experience of management responsibilities e.g. staff, financial and delivery
- Relevant technical certifications in related subjects, i.e. MSCE
- Experience in implementing and working to ITIL standards ensuring consistent quality of service deliver
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to articulate recommendations and influence staff at all levels.
- High-level of personal motivation and discipline, with the ability to work independently using own initiative or as part of a team.
- High-level of energy and enthusiasm with the ability to motivate others.
- Must be able to demonstrate an extensive working knowledge of current and emerging desktop and cloud technologies and be able to detail the support challenges for these technologies describing how to overcome these and incorporate them into your daily working practice
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of, as well as experience in, designing and implementing mobile device management solutions across Android and IOS using Microsoft InTune or other Mobile Device Management solutions
- Excellent understanding of Active Directory, Organizational Unit design, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP covering Windows 7 – Windows10
- Demonstrable experience of policy and process design and implementation for Desktop deployment, support and use.
- Must be able to demonstrate established fault diagnosis, troubleshooting skills and support methodologies as well as the ability to apply new technology to business problem
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of planning, prioritising and organising own workload on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, co-ordinating with others, ensuring customer needs and expectations are met, administrative tasks are completed punctually and all documentation updated effectively.
If the above role is of interest please call me on 0207 509 8040 or contact me on Darius.Goodarzi@robertwalters.com