Application Specialist (JAVA/Linux)
Salary £35,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Jordan Stone
Date posted 09 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A global investment bank based in Birmingham city centre is continuing to invest in its technology space, as a part of this they are look for an Application Specialist (JAVA/Linux) to join a well-established Applications team.
As an Application Specialist (JAVA/Linux), you will be a responsible for handling end-user issues, alongside the maintenance, configuration, deployment, management and administration of all elements of the infrastructure across a wide range of applications. You will also encourage usage of automated solutions for deploying applications with an emphasis on scripting (Bash, Perl or Python).
- Implement project tasks
- Monitor the stability and performance of the platform
- Carry out SQL queries for reporting and automation
- Maintain documentation using ITSM tools (Jira/Confluence)
- Support promotion, release and testing of software
Experience with configuring and troubleshooting some or all of the following technologies:
- Java application servers
- RedHat Enterprise Linux
- Apache Web Server (load balancing)
- Docker containers, including kubernetes and ansible
- Understanding of SDLC Tools (TeamCity, Artifactory, Udeploy)
This Birmingham based, permanent Application Specialist (Java/Linux) role will pay a salary of £35,000 - £50,000 plus benefits and bonus depending on experience, whilst also providing the opportunity to progress your career within a well-established global financial services organisation.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply with an updated CV and for further information please contact Jordan Stone on 0121 260 2501.