Senior DevOps Engineer
Salary £80,000 - £90,000 per annum + Equity, Bonus
Location City of London
Consultant Ajay Hayre
Date posted 06 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Robert Walters is working in partnership with a global e-discovery, fraud-prevention platform organisation that is now in process of setting up offices in London and as such are recruiting a greenfield senior technology team. They develop and provide market leading tools to collect data, create models; all powered by advanced machine learning.
Due to the complexity and advanced capability of the tools, they have a wide industry exposure across Banking, FS, Payment Services Providers and E-Commerce. With a strong presence in The Americas and Asia the London hub will be the centre of excellence to run global technology operations.
The permanent opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer will be based in Central London, paying a salary range of £70,000 to £90,000 plus bonus and equity. This will be an opportunity to act as a global lead for DevOps.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will lead the scale, automation and monitoring and assist in the growing infrastructure. You will lead the shaping of the architecture of the company that has continued to grow year on year.
Senior DevOps Engineer: Duties
- Own all existing Google Cloud Platform (GCE) and Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure – EC2, RDS, Elasticache etc.
- Implement processes to automate deployment and scaling
- Assist development teams with an infrastructure needs
- Diagnose complex issues affecting performance and scaling
- Implement security policies to build a robust system
- Review, monitor and implement alerts for range of services
- Assist with the cost optimization of infrastructure
Senior DevOps Engineer: Experience
- Linux – Ubuntu server, desirable
- Linux containers and deployment methodologies – Blue green, desirable
- Hands on experience, GCE and AWS Services (EC2, RDS, Elasticache, Route53)
- Nginx configurations for dynamic web application
- DevOps techniques and philosophies
- Deployment and maintenance of high traffic infrastructure
- Databases and NoSQL
- Scripting languages – Python or Shell
- Automated deployment scripts – Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Knowledge of git
- Cassandra, Spark, Kafka – Desirable not essential
The permanent role for a Senior DevOps Engineer will pay a salary between £70,000 to £90,000 plus bonus and equity. This is an opportunity to work for a market leading global business, which will allow you take global ownership of the DevOps programme for a greenfield office in Central London.
If you feel you have the skills to meet the requirements, please contact Ajay Hayre on 0121 260 2524 and apply with an updated CV.