Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 14 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Specialist to join their established but growing Technology Practice.
Overall purpose of role
This role will be part of the team responsible for the developing / engineering (architecture, design, build, script, document and test) Middleware solutions and facilitate their handover to the production Middleware RTB functions.
The role provides exposure to leading edge software technology and underlying platforms operating mission critical services for the group.
- Responsibility for technical review and agreement of Middleware Product requirements and feasibility.
- Work as part of the "Agile" team on estimating and managing progress of all required work tasks.
- Comprehensive and clear documentation of Middleware Product deliverables including consumer-related documentation
- Responsible for the technical implementation and delivery of new Middleware Product features
- Responsible for the design, documentation, coding, testing and promotion of Middleware Product deliverables
- Responsible for the support and training of users in Middleware Product offerings over multiple channels (chat, web presentation, email etc)
- To maintain an interest and knowledge of new innovations in Middleware technologies
- Adherence with Middleware standards builds.
- Providing 3rd and 4th line support of Middleware Product engineered solutions
- Knowledge of CHEF
- Knowledge of software maintenance and patching.
- Knowledge of logging and monitoring technologies and processes
- Knowledge of infrastructure security and authentication
- Strong scripting and development skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Coupled with, the ability to evangelise about solutions with stakeholders, users/consumer and partner teams.
- Excellent communication skills. Possesses the ability to describe and communicate abstract concepts.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Application hosting technologies – WAS, tomcat,Apache, JBOSS.
- Messaging technologies – IBM MQ, IBM Integration Bus (IIB), Red Hat AMQ,
- Red Hat OpenShift v2 & v3
- Docker experience
- Kubernetes experience
- PaaS design and DevOps automation experience
- Ruby development skills
- JAVA development skills
- Perl scripting
- Go language development skills
- Experience working with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Cloud technologies, especially AWS
- Agile project management methodology, especially Scrum
**Should the above be of interest, please apply immediately to receive a more detailed job specification**