Software Support Consultant
Salary £35,000 - £60,000 per annum
Consultant Jordan Stone
Date posted 07 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Robert Walters is currently engaged with a Global Analytics Consultancy firm which specialise in investigative e-discovery, supporting a wide range of clients in every jurisdiction across the world. Due to company growth this organisation is looking to expand its managed services consulting team and add a number of Software Support Consultants to join their Central London offices.
As a Software Support Consultant you will be responsible for supporting the clients E-Discovery based platform at various globally deployed data centres. Both of these roles will be responsible with providing hands on technical support as well as system performance improvements and end-user reports. These London based roles are paying £35,000 - £60,000 based on role and experience.
Software Support Consultant Role Responsibilities;
- Collaborate with team leads on any potential implementation details that could improve the platform or provide influence on the engineering roadmap
- Support other team members and collaborate on customer requests where applicable
- Ensure incoming Service Desk requests are well-described and collaborate with requesters to re-define work as necessary
- Provide availability for the after-hours support schedule (roughly once every 6 weeks)
- Provide work estimation activities in collaboration with Software Support Consultants
- Own relationships with project assigned Project Managers to improve delivery processes and approaches according to client needs
- Responsible for completing customer requests on time and according to specification
- Engage in training activities and seek feedback on areas of continuous improvement
- Attend weekly cadence with the support team to gain visibility into progress and challenges and raise awareness to leadership when necessary
- Collaborate with other team leads to share lessons learned and best practices
- Responsible for outlining and clearly communicating project resourcing needs
- Participate in hiring initiatives upon request
Software Support Consultant Role Requirements;
- Experience in custom software related management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science [or related field] or equivalent work experience
- Ideal candidate has a hands-on technical background (e.g. System Analyst, Software Engineer/Architect, Technical Project Manager)
- Working in environments that involve custom built software applications
- Comfortable in a consulting setting with varying amounts of direct customer interaction
- Strong capabilities with data (e.g. ETL, stored procedure development, SQL performance tuning and troubleshooting)
- Understanding of navigating a custom-built web-based software system
- Planning and executing electronic data processing projects, including data conversion
- Flexible with potential travel requirements, both domestic and international
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of E-Discovery tools (e.g. Relativity, Digital Reef) and the EDRM process is a plus
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills within a busy, market leading organisation. Thes roles are paying salaries of £35,000 - £60,000 plus benefits based on skills and seniority.
To discuss the role in more detail, please apply with an updated CV and contact Jordan Stone on 0121 260 2501